Tuning session on May 2nd and 3rd

nickleman60

I have a dyno/tune session lined up with Dave Dalke on May 2nd and 3rd. Dave has yet to give me the final ok on the dates but if all is agreed to here's the itinerary. Dave will fly in on Sunday the 2nd and spend the rest of the day going over the cars to eliminate any problems before the dyno/tune session on Monday the 3rd. I have secured a dyno for the whole day on Monday and the owner will charge $75 an hour for as long we use it instead of a day rate of $800. Dave's fees are $150 per day per car and if you join in I asked that you help split the cost of his plane ticket. I will lodge and feed him, I hope he likes seafood :rolleyes:, so don't worry about that. I need to know within the next couple of days so don't hesitate if you need a tune and you live within a few hours or less of driving distance. As we all know this man is second to none when it comes to figuring these cars out.

Last edited:
I talked to Dave a little while ago and we're on for May 2nd and 3rd. I confirmed the dyno with Abacus Racing so that's set, they have a dyno-jet 248 and open at 9am.

And its four minutes from my house....sweet....

it looks like it'll be Anthony (Metalman), Z with his Mark 8 and me. I'm good with 3, any more might make time limited. All I know is that I'm first on the dyno.............:D

Last edited:
OK, we are now 100% confirmed from Dave to the tuning dates.

Depending on how long it takes for the 3 cars already in, he might be able to squeeze in 1 more in.

Last edited:
Everyone is ready to go for the tuning session this Sunday and Monday. I hope I have my new hood completely installed by then, if not off it comes.......:rolleyes:

It was better than before....but I will let him tell. Very hot and humid today though.... He should be dropping DD at the Airport around now...

Any results to report ?

David

I just got home from dropping Dave off at the airport. My final numbers weren't spectacular but decent.

Motor - 349.70 rwhp 381.32 tq

Nitrous - 399.68 rwhp 437.77 tq

As it turns out my i/c set up isn't as good as I thought, air inlet temps were high enough to pull timing. Dave can chime in but he told me that with a different i/c set up I could probably see 20 more rwhp. The good news is that he believes 400 rwhp should put me near or at my target of 11.5's, we shall see. Between now and the Shoot Out I'll probably change my i/c set up to something more effiecient. Back to the drawing board, some things never change.........

I just got home from dropping Dave off at the airport. My final numbers weren't spectacular but decent.

Motor - 349.70 rwhp 381.32 tq

Nitrous - 399.68 rwhp 437.77 tq

As it turns out my i/c set up isn't as good as I thought, air inlet temps were high enough to pull timing. Dave can chime in but he told me that with a different i/c set up I could probably see 20 more rwhp. The good news is that he believes 400 rwhp should put me near or at my target of 11.5's, we shall see. Between now and the Shoot Out I'll probably change my i/c set up to something more effiecient. Back to the drawing board, some things never change.........
If you are going to do the I/C all over again...Go liquid to air. With your ebay skills and your welding hook-ups it should be very attainable....With temps and humidity like today, and with the high overdrive of that blower...how much can you really ask of air to air.....I guess is the question....What diference did Dave suggest?

Last edited:
Back