PDA

View Full Version : 89 super coupe 5spd parting out

dalvenjah
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Selling everything off my 1989 black with light gray interior (leather) 5spd super coupe.
Everything is available, shipping can be done.

162k miles the original engine. The engine has been regasketed. New engine mounts, new alternator, new transmission mounts, new rear end mounts.
Master cylinder with ABS is in good working order. New Multifunction switch. Every gauge works.

Feel free to call or PM with questions or inquiry's. I've established that the car is worth less then the sum of its parts.

I'm parting out the car because it has a boost leak, and I've got neither the patience or money to fix it.

360-220-4701
Matthew

Since there seems to be an issue with understanding how things usually go on Forums. For parts I have to ship. I will not pay for packaging and shipping out of my pocket. I will not pay for the paypal fee's out of my pocket. I will provide everyone with tracking numbers and insurance is required except where the buyer decides to opt out of it..

Once again, my phone number is posted for any questions.

shoalcracker
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
You have a PM.

dalvenjah
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
PMS Replied.

dalvenjah
04-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Some pictures.

dalvenjah
04-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Even more pictures. If you need more. Let me know. I'll get them put up as fast as I can.

Flex
04-13-2010, 02:52 AM
What kind of shape are the cowl covers, door handle cups in?

dalvenjah
04-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Not 100% about the cowl covers? ( What does that even mean in terms of parts. ) For everyone else. I dont know what every part on the car is called. I'm used to dealing with Classic cars and imports.

As for the door handle cups? You mean the reliefed area behind the interior door handle? Cause once again. Not 100% about what you mean with that one.

Other then that. All PMs replied.

Regul8r
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
PM being sent for the VMM, White face Gauge cluster, and possibly the WHOLE dash.

Flex
04-13-2010, 01:28 PM
The cowl covers re the two pieces of black plastic that cover the cowl under the windshield wipers.

dalvenjah
04-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Cowl covers are in good shape.

Items spoken for at the moment:
Stock wheels
Gauge Cluster
VMM
Front Bumper Cover
Headlight Bezel
Engine Mounts

Flex
04-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks. Are there any chips or cracks? I.E. define good.

dalvenjah
04-13-2010, 04:08 PM
I'll take the hood off this afternoon and post up some more pictures. All PM's replied to.

Engine is still fully intact.

All PMs replied to.

dalvenjah
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
To The Top.

DudeSwavy
04-15-2010, 12:52 PM
you have pm

dalvenjah
04-17-2010, 03:51 PM
All Pm's Replied.

rlittlep
04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
All Pm's Replied.

Sent a PM about the leather seats. What shape are they in?

Supercharged90
04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
how are the control panels on the door panels? color? i need those if they are in good shape and black. and a price shipped to 73110.

and i also need the buckets for the inside door handles.

dalvenjah
04-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Okay. The leather isnt perfect. I'm willing to bet about 85% of the Sc's arent. I know, theres no harm in asking. But they are not perfect. they are decent, but there are cracks and tears. The back seat is nice.

I still have most of hte parts here.

Going to be getting ~~~~ boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow.

Supercharged90
04-18-2010, 05:13 PM
anything on the window/lock controls? driver and passenger.

dalvenjah
04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I have them. the passenger side doesnt work howerver. the motor does, but the switch itself does not.

Supercharged90
04-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I have them. the passenger side doesnt work howerver. the motor does, but the switch itself does not.

i dont need the switches, i just need the panels, but only if in black and in good to great shape.

Melon
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Still interested in the shift knob, waiting on a picture. (just in case you didn't get my PM reply)

Thanks
-Melon

dalvenjah
04-18-2010, 11:42 PM
the panels are in good shape.

For everyone. E-mail me at my E-mail address for pictures of items so that I dont take up everyones bandwidth during the loading process.

[email protected]

However, I urge you to only discuss deals and whatnot on here for your safety as well as mine. I'd like to have no mis-communications or anything questionable go on. I dont like it on the forums I frequent, I wont be part of it on a forum I joined just to part out my car.

Feel free to call me. I'm on the west coast, and I repond a lot faster by telephone.
360-220-4701

dalvenjah
04-18-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm going to go pull the shift knob off of the shifter right now. Bring it inside and send you pictures as soon as I get an e-mail from you.

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 03:54 AM
Supercharger: SOLD
Gauge Cluster: SOLD

FRONT BUMPER: Pending Sale
REAR BUMPER: Pending Sale
SIDE SKIRTS: Pending Sale
SIDE MARKER LIGHTS: Pendig Sale
STOCK SUPERCOUPE WHEELS: Pending Sale
GOOD MASTER CYLINDER: Pending Sale
ENGINE MOUNTS: Pending Sale
VMM: Pending Sale
COOLANT RESERVIOUR: Pending Sale
ABS PUMP: Pending Sale

Transmission: Pending sale locally.

If theres anything I missed with this update. Please Let me know. Also, the alternator has roughly 6 hours of use, the spark plug wires were installed 2 days before the starter solinoid went out and ~~~~ed up my flywheel.

Melon
04-19-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm going to go pull the shift knob off of the shifter right now. Bring it inside and send you pictures as soon as I get an e-mail from you.

E-mail is MelonSC at gmail dot com.

Thanks
-Melon

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 08:09 AM
I got the cowl covers off. Upon closer inspection, they are cracked and broken in multiple spots.

Condor232
04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Still waiting for an email from you, just FYI.

Supercharged90
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
emailed about control panels without the controls.

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Taking pictures for all parts in question after mah cup of coffee.

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 01:31 PM
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn191/xynicgreven/89%20Supercoupe/

Pictures of the Door Handle valleys, shifter and control panel.

Melon
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Is that the factory shift knob? I don't see the shift pattern on it? :confused:

-Melon

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 03:49 PM
who knows. Its the one I got with the car. If thats not the right one, I'm sure I can grab one out of one of the other cars we've got laying around.

rlittlep
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM
who knows. Its the one I got with the car. If thats not the right one, I'm sure I can grab one out of one of the other cars we've got laying around.

How many cars do you have?{parting out} I thought it was just the 1?

Supercharged90
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
pm me a price on the control panels without switches, and the door handle buckets shipped to 73110. thanks, Zac

txsc
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
PM to you...

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I only have 1 car I'm parting out. I have parts and friends have parts that they dont want.

dalvenjah
04-19-2010, 09:49 PM
No electronics have been sold. Found the boost leak upon engine teardown. Intake plenum gasket blew up.

Engine is still all there. Suspension is good. Brakes are intact. Wiring harness is complete no plugs missing.

anyways. Bump!

dalvenjah
04-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Bumpin this thread. TO THA TOP.

Supercharged90
04-22-2010, 09:02 AM
any updates on whats gone, and whats pending?

dalvenjah
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Okay. Update.

Cluster is boxed and will be shipped tomorrow.

I havent heard back from some people so.

Only pending sales ( as far as I know )

Front Bumper ( Pending )
Rear Bumper (Pending )
Headlight Valance ( Pending )

1 Master Cylinder Assembly is sold. 1 left.

Condor232
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Have those pics for me yet? I have cash in hand here.

Regul8r
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Okay. Update.

Cluster is boxed and will be shipped tomorrow.

I havent heard back from some people so.

Only pending sales ( as far as I know )

Front Bumper ( Pending )
Rear Bumper (Pending )
Headlight Valance ( Pending )

1 Master Cylinder Assembly is sold. 1 left.

The cluster is boxed with the VMM and ready to ship to me?
re-send me your PayPal... will send the money asap.

dalvenjah
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
REgul8r - The cluster was up for grabs. The guy that got it, actually messaged me before you did. I didnt think that he would go through wiht purchase.

And following good form, I sold it to him. The VMM is still here, but like everything else, its pretty much dependant on who pay's first.

89silvercoupe
04-24-2010, 02:32 PM
How much are you asking for the rear bumper cover, and the drivers seat

Regul8r
04-24-2010, 02:52 PM
REgul8r - The cluster was up for grabs. The guy that got it, actually messaged me before you did. I didnt think that he would go through wiht purchase.

And following good form, I sold it to him. The VMM is still here, but like everything else, its pretty much dependant on who pay's first.

Thanks for the update.
In the future I would suggest you post a name next to the part when updating everyone what is spoken for. I was under the impression the cluster was marked as spoken for by me. Not an issue, just a suggestion to avoid confusion.

YES I still want the VMM, I still need your PayPal and a total.
Originally we agreed on $100 for the gages and VMM shipped.
So now that no gages... we need to re-deal on the VMM alone.

UPDATED/EDITED after going back and re-reading whole thread to figure out where I misunderstood.
Dalvenjah,
You mentioned good form and avoiding drama.
Well you missed the boat on both in my opinion.
I PM'd you on the VMM, Cluster and possibly the whole dash.
You quoted/we made a deal... $100 for the Cluster and VMM shipped.
So you showed good form in that deal by selling to the first PM, but miscommunicated with me about it being availabe and even making me a deal on it.
But your statement "but like everything else, its pretty much dependant on who pay's first" makes me wonder if it was good form or just first pay over first spoken for.
On here the board is VERY GOOD about respecting good form and using... who spoke for the part first, give them the opportunity to pay and IF they back out then it goes to the next guy in line who spoke for it. Many people have waited to see if deals go through so they might be able to buy if it doesn't.

Having said all that... I am no longer interested in the VMM from you... good luck in your future sales.

shoalcracker
04-25-2010, 04:08 PM
If you go back thru the threads you will see I sent him a PM 8 minutes after the listing.

Content was Motor Mounts, VMM, Gauges and leather.

I confirmed pricing on MM, VMM passed on gauges and reviewed pictures that were posted at my request for leather.

Confirmed I would take MM, VMM and leather and gave him details on how to remove from frame.

With his midweek proclamation to use hotmail I became leary of the process. I switched formats, reconfirmed purchase and was waiting for packaging and final shipping costs to send funds.

I was then told VMM face was broken and just taped on. No problem deduct $10.00.

Next was the mounts. Buddy forgot to remove bolts and now one was broken in two from pulling engine.

Recognized for what it was I sent another hotmail Friday night questioning his activity with multple members on the same pieces.

I have not a response since then.

Good luck to you Matt but your business ethics need work. Hopefully that comes with maturity.

I hope those that paid at least get product.

dalvenjah
05-02-2010, 03:43 AM
No worries. Only one person actually purchased a part from me, and it was shipped out when the money cleared into my bank account.

Either way, the one of the engine mounts did get torn in half when it was removed. I can post pictures of it if you'd like.

As for the rest of the car. It was crushed.

The only thing from the car that I have left is the front fenders. headlights, hood, trunk lid, rear bumper, side skirts, and various electronics. I was going to sell the pulleys off of the engine, but for the life of me I cant seem find a power steering pulley puller that will work.

None of the local parts stores sell them, so its not really worth paying someone to pull off.

And just you're clear, that was a pretty stressful week for me. When I started parting teh car out, stuff wasnt very hectic. My father fell two days after I initially posted the parts. He went into the nursing home and he just came out yesterday.

But either way. You're welcome to your opinions, and your judgements. I dont exactly see myself coming back to this forum. And I am aware that people much like yourself hear ~~~~ sort of thing all the time. It does NOT excuse my behavior. But the truth is about the guage cluster.. He did contact me first. And he DID pay me first. He was just quite a bit more aggressive then you were. Not to mention, in the same country.

89silvercoupe
08-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Do you still have the rear bumper cover.

IGOTXR7'S
08-07-2010, 10:05 AM
do you have the master cylinder with abs braking? i need it for my 89 cougar super charged? price to ship to Pa?

rlittlep
08-13-2010, 12:17 AM
taking pictures for all parts in question after mah cup of coffee.

empty your pm box......its full

90coug
08-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Holy smokes, that was a good looking ride and you parted it out over a boost leak? I'm surprised no one wanted to buy it complete from you. :(

I just parted out an 89 but the body had bondo work and was scratched to all hell, looked like someone was getting ready to paint it and gave up. The interior was shot from front to back and it had been in a front end accident. I tried to revive it but decided that polishing a turd was just not in my budget and who in the heck would want to buy a car with a salvage title for the amount I would be putting into it.

Decided to junk only after I took everything out of it. Originally purchased as a parts car and it was just that.

I understand the frustration, it's either a love or hate relationship with these cars. ;)

IGOTXR7'S
08-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Do you have the master cylinder with abs in working condition? Need asap? Price?