Chasing ghosts, or maybe demons...

rad_al_

Changed plugs in my car from autolite APP103 gapped at .045 to regular Autolite 103's gapped to .035. Now I have a terrible miss at around 5-10 PSI of boost. Thought it was a boost leak, resealed the innercooler tube 3 times now. Then I found a torn vacuum hose that I believe goes to the charcoal canister... still has a bad miss. Next, I changed left side plugs to new, new plugs... found a cracked plug but that didn't fix the problem either. Tomorrow morning I'm pulling the right side plugs. What's the chances of another cracked plug? If that doesn't work, I'm taking off the Screamin Demon coil pack & Live Wires & replacing it with stock coil pack & new wires. Then on to another new fuel filter then maybe fuel pump. The Screamin Deamon coil pack says you can open up the gap to .060-.065. Is it possible I've closed the gap too far? I've read on here that .035 is pretty safe bet for a mildly modded engine. Is that still true with the SD coil pack? Any other suggestions?
-'94 5-speed.

Last edited:
Poppin while under boost.

I had a similar prob. I had a coolant lead coming from out of the side of the head. So i went to do a gasket job, and come to find out i had a severely cracked head on the passenger side. i got a set of reman heads, and now Im pullin 15 pounds with no problem. This may not be your problem but the semptoms sound like what I had.

Back