New Engine, Breakin Issues, Please Help

TheAWK

So i started this project with 1 car, that had a rusted out body, but the engine ran great!

So i bought a second car that had melted heads for the body and transmission.

I took apart both engines, got the car #1 engine bored out by 0.10 and bought new pistons, and rings. Had crank and cam polished, and heads ported and gasket to match.

then i reassembled the engine with the best parts, and had it running last fall, and even when i started it, I was able to start it several times through the winter to keep everything lubricated.

The car also has brand new starter, ignition wires, plugs, radiator, (i know rad is not the issue but threw it in there),

We also hooked up the computer and got no error codes, but did get a fault on the maf sensor, and tb position sensor.

So we are wondering if the front computer beside the rad is cooked? There may have been a recall for it? the part number is the one that has not been replaced.

So if this is the issue then where do i get a new one or have it replaced?

Thanks for any insight as we may not have identified the problem.

The computer is located inside behind the passenger floor kick panel plastic. I think your looking at the Fan Relay box thats infront of the mass air next to the Rad. You can always try to clean the mass air.

Here's how

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/clean-maf-mass-airflow-sensor.php

then slice a wire off the green one going to the tps. Check the Tps voltage, should be around .89 -.92 when cold.. .97-98 ideal when hot.

Besides the errors on the mass air and tps is there anything else going wrong?

We have located all the computers in the car.

And you may be right that it is a relay, because when we opened it up there was a couple fuses and a circuit board.

Other than the faults stated there were no other issues coming up.

I will take a look into the voltage at the tbs

Back