Problems with Livewires & SD coil pack?

rad_al_

Long story short... changing out my Livewires & Screamin Demon coil pack & putting stock back on to see if that fixes my problems of a miss at about 1/2 throttle.
I've seen posts on here where you either like the Livewires & SD coil or you hate it. I've had mine on for about a year now... anyone ever have a problem with this setup after a year of running it?

I have heard of several SD coil failures. I would just swap the coils as your wires are probably OK.

OK... it's not the coil pack. Put the stock one back on & no change to the engine that's running like a$$! Tonight, I change the wires. If that doesn't work, I'm buying all new plugs again, maybe go back to the Autolite APP103's or some NGK's just to eliminate that possibility. Is it possible to get a bad batch of plugs. 2 of my new Autolite 103's were cracked.

No, no, no... I replaced them with new ones. They were new "cracked" plugs straight from O'Reilly's. I've never had a cracked plug before & now to have 2 cracked plugs makes me wonder if I got a bad batch.
LOL... I put 8 plugs in my V-6.

BAD SET OF PLUGS!!!
I bought ANOTHER new set of plugs last night, put them in my car bright & early this morning & my car ran like it should!
Hell, over the course of a week I double, triple & quaduple checked plugs & wires being tight, found a few vacuum leaks, changed fuel filter, changed coil pack, & changed plug wires. the only thing that stayed constant through this whole thing was the plugs I bought last Friday. Needless to say, I'm pretty efficient at changing plugs!
So all is well... for now!!!

Im trying to change my fuel filter and while the plastic clip and the metal clip were easy to remove, i'm having a helluva time trying to get one end of the filter out of the hose/line that is towards the engine. Is there a special tool that is needed for this?

Cheers,
Luke

Im trying to change my fuel filter and while the plastic clip and the metal clip were easy to remove, i'm having a helluva time trying to get one end of the filter out of the hose/line that is towards the engine. Is there a special tool that is needed for this?

Cheers,
Luke

Please don't hijack. I'm sure if you did a search there are plenty of answers.
However, yes, there is a special tool. You can pick it up from any Autozone, or local autoparts store.
Looks like....
fuelpic1.jpg

-Corey

Last edited:
Back