2000 RPM vibrate

Matt SC ESC

My 35th vibrates at 2000 RPM, in drive, and in park. checked the motor mounts, and they are fine. not sure if this is normal, or odd, if anyone can help, that'd be great, thanks.

Try motor mounts. Mine were not separated, the pass side was leaking fluid, not noticeable until the mount was removed. The drivers side appeared dry, but had somehow collapsed, with no signs of fluid leakage. They both came out in one piece. I bought solids from Car Quest. Seeemed to smooth my S/C out really nice. A good indicator is to look at your oil filter. and oil pan. My oil pan was close to the crossmember. With my new mounts, I can fit my hand in between the oil pan and crossmember now. Before I could never do that.

automatic

If I am not mistaken, a problem can occur in the automatic transmissions that can cause vibration even in park. Unfortunatley I can not be more specific as I do not remember more about it. Check the trans fluid, and be sure the transmission is operating normally under all conditions. This would of course include normal shift RPM, normal shift intensity, no slipping, normal overdrive operation, no leaks, ect.

Okay...I've had a faulty torque converter shake violently in a mustang, so that may be it.

Is your crank pulley or balancer running true?

My dad had a Bronco II that had a nasty vibration between 2000 - 2500 RPM that turned out to be faulty water pump bearings. Remove the main belt on your car and try to wobble the water pump pulley up and down. If there is a lot of play that could be it.

Back