SC replacement carpet.

baer198

I know their has to be a few of you who replaced the carpet . what are your thoughts on the after market carpet for our birds ? Cut, and color compared to stock.. where did you get it from Thanks

I just had a really bad experience ordering molded carpet from JC Whitney. The price was right, but the first order had to be sent back after I took my seats and carpet out and was installing the new carpet. There was a 7 inch or longer tear where one of the seams didn't seal correctly. I also didn't like the color so asked for it to be switched. After waiting a week and a half for the replacement, they sent me the same color I didn't like (medium gray looked somewhat greenish?). Then I get it all installed and one of the seams came loose again in the rear, so I have a 3 inch tear that will require me to pull the carpet up again to repair.

Also, it was supposed to be molded to my car. I had to do so much adjusting and cutting and pulling, it was not fun. The plastic mat for the driver's floor was cut in 12 inches instead of 6 and that plastic mat had to be partially on the hump by the driver's leg. :(

They were able to give me a discount and the customer service was very good. I think all of these problems lied with their vendor. Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone else thinking of going through them.

I too would appreciate anyone that knows of a good source for when I want to redo this.

Back