95 S/C wont start

billyreedwfg

Well here are some symptoms...
Ran fine, next day would not start. I let it sit for awhile till i could get to it. Replaced Fuel filter ( Just cause ). Started ran fine for few days. Now wont start.

Fuel relay ( behind pass lights ) clicks
Fuel pump clicks twice.

Get spark...

No start.

I disconected btty let sit a day...( Reboot )

Wont start

Suggestions ???

P.S. where is the Shrader valve? Invisible ???

Shrader valve is on the fuel line and has a cap on it that looks like valve stem cap just below the SC tube coupler by the SC top. Sounds like you're going to do a fuel pressure test. Good move. If it is no pressure, try a tap or two on the fuel tank with a rubber hammer. The fuel pump is stuck and on it's way out.

On my Dakota, I use to use a 2x4...

Last edited:
yup. is it making a lugging sound while it tries to crank? my 95's fuel pump is dead and was doing the same thing. had me scratching my head for a minute. :)

Well i checked the shrader for pressure. Zero. probably should have checked it before buying an injector pump tester. ( Ehh. Harbor Freight $20.00 )

The fuel pump relay behind headlight clicks

the pump in tank clicks twice..,Sounds like an on / off sound. Gave tank a love tap ( repeatedly ) no change.

I banged on thing in trunk which activated,... then i reset it.

Tried to start got same symptoms

Not sure but thinking fuel pump "Dee deedee"

But if somebody out there in S/C land has another idea please advise.

Billy

the relays go bad in trunk.

just because it clicks doesent mean its working.

you cna remove the relay and jump power across the two wires (the heavy guage ones) and the pump should activate. if you have pressure then after that test the relay is bad.

if not then the pump is bad.

the problems with those bosch style relays are the contacts, after a while of them opening and closing they get burn marks on them and stop making a positive contact and thus no workie...

also i ahve seen pumps that draw soo much amps (from wearing out) that they will burn this contact in the relay.

at the very liest check the relay. if pump is bad then replace relay also.

I figured if i hear the fuel click Does that not mean it is .....well doing something

I will check voltage anyway...

If i knew what a heathy fuel pump sounded like.....

Well when the sun comes up.

I will post tommmmmm

Thanks
Billy

Ok here is the latest

Bought scan tool ( equus, allways wanted one )

Codes
522- oops, my bust
542- fuel pump Secondary circut fault........

Where is that ?????

Hey guys i wanted to thank everybody for input. I will relay what i learn to all

And i know the answer to the " Riddle of Steel"

Billy / Not so good comedian !!!

Back