Fyi eec

Motohead

SCCoA Member
I have been having intermittent idle problems for quite some time after winter hibernation the problem became all the time. After driving myself crazy looking for vacuum leaks changing sensors, IAC ect. I found this (see photos) in my SNEECIV box. Notice pin one is gone which is the 12V power for the ECC. I don’t know how the car even ran. It ran fine under boost but would not idle for crap. The water came in because I haven’t reinstalled the plastic on the cowl after the last rebuild in the fall of 09. Soooo Make SURE to put the cowling back on after a rebuild!

Attachments

• FILE0004.JPG
    FILE0004.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 103
  • FILE0007.JPG
    FILE0007.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
so how did you solve the issue? As i think i may be having the same issue as strangely enough the cowl is not installed after my rebuild either.

i also have a crank forsale...

so how did you solve the issue? As i think i may be having the same issue as strangely enough the cowl is not installed after my rebuild either.

i also have a crank forsale...

I haven’t really solved it yet, by removing the SnEEC-IV box from the system and connecting the EEC back direct (after cleaning the car side 60 pin plug) the car is running ok again. I have a Quarter horse installed now so I plan on data logging off that. I need to find a defective ford EEC take it apart and try to nab some pins out of it to replace the borken/crudded ones in my SnEEC-IV. Once I get the SnEEC-IV working again I will probably sell it. And of course re-install the cowling.

Thanks for the offer on the crank, I need to update my sig, that motor is going back together already with a custom reground & cryoed crank a Delk main girdle Chevy small journal rods custom Ross pistons big valve heads ECT.ECT. It’s a reincarnation of Chris Wise’s work but with a much bigger blower

Last edited:
Back