Need Engine Ground locations please.

Bluntz

I am having intermittent electrical problems and i wanna rule out any bad grounds, i am only aware of one behind the motor what are some other ground wires i should be checking out and where are they located?

Thanks.

I think there is one at each motor mount bracket, linked to the inner fender. I could be wrong.

On early cars there are two one at each motor mount stud. On the late model cars its only on the left.

Passenger side motor mount-to-body...replace it!

These cables corrode over time, and it is common for it to hide underneath the sheathing. If you see any 'green' colored corrosion at the body mount point, be sure to clean to bare metal and replace the fastener as well. Just abandon the existing cable and run another from the body to the motor mount at the block.

attachment.php

Last edited:
This sounds weird, but along with those grounds, check the smaller ones for the ECU and everything else..... Two sit behind the headlights, one on each side... There is one up behind the glove box for the ECU, one on each side behind the front kick panels and one in the trunk on the right side just about behind the filler neck opening. Oh! There is a small one right near the trunk latch too. Almost forgot that one!!
If none of those things fix your electrical probs, you may have to delve into the harnesses (3) under the driver's seat area and redo ALL the factory splices!!
Cleaning the grounds solved a couple problems for me, but redoing all the splices I could locate fixed just about everything but the drivers retracting seatbelt!!

It takes a little time so set a Saturday aside!!

Lance

You aint kidding thats clean.....

Ill post a pic later of my mess thats a far cry froom yours....

Thnks gents the help is awesome and i look forward to finding some corrosion!

Back