Ideas needed for a Y pipe on exhaust.

Bluntz

I got a glass pack to replace the resonator, ran into one problem, the res has 2 in 1 out and the glass pack is just 1-1 on each end, parts stores want 50 bucks for a Y shaped pipe to reduce 2 down 1. Any ideas on how to get past this issue?

I got a glass pack to replace the resonator, ran into one problem, the res has 2 in 1 out and the glass pack is just 1-1 on each end, parts stores want 50 bucks for a Y shaped pipe to reduce 2 down 1. Any ideas on how to get past this issue?

Give up the idea on using a glass pack and return it, get a real muffler. The resonators sole purpose is to remove noise. In 6 months a glass pack will be worthless.

Our odd-fire V6 doesn't sound good when you unleash it, it's best when the blower overpowers the exhaust AND you can carry on a conversation inside the car.

Please do a search and you'll see most people always regret using a glass pack or deleting the resonator all together.

I Have a pretty hollow resignator. No cats or mufflers, but I am going to put one of the quiter flowmasters, 2 in 1 out, in place of the resignator.

How would that sound? I want the wine to scream, but have a little exhaust.

I want to try the glasspack for awhile just to try one as i never have. I am also trying to figure out why when i drive i have such bad exhaust smell in the car, short drives aint bad but longer than an hour you get a headache. There is no relief no matter which windows or sunroof you adjust.

The thing is, they really are not that great. They do not sound good at all, the last for a little while s it would be better and cheaper to have an exhaust sho pie it. You said $50 for the y pipe. How much for the glass pack? I bet an exhaust shop could fab it for less. That would be basicly what you would have after 2-6 months depending.

If your gonna go that route u would be better off with a Dyno max bullet. :cool:

This job turned out to be a real pain in the A$$. Everything was welded and i had to cut all the crap out to do what i wanted. Still working on it hopefully i will be golden today.

Two 12 inch glass packs up front and two mufflers in back will sound fine. I had this set up for 3 years.

Well, things didnt go so well on my glass pack job, the glass pack was to long for me to fit in where the resonator was due to the size of the Y pipe i had to have fabricated. I straight piped it and it sounds terrific i love it, also no more exhaust smell in the car.

Problem: Where the exhaust meets the manifold there are 2 studs, well as i checked them they were loose, on both sides, i tightend up the inner bolts of each but on both of them the outter bolts were shot, i went to tighten the bolt and it spun freely in a circle, when i looked at the bolt the inside of it was totally smooth, there were no threads to be seen at all.
The same happened on the other side. What are my options to fix this? I really dont wanna have to remove the intake manifolds just to have new studs welded on for my exhaust, i dont know how many bolts hold that on but id imagine they wont come out nicely and that sounds like a nightmare job removing everything to get to the manifolds. On the same token i dont think that my exhaust will hold only having one old bolt holding it on on each side.

Thx for the help.

Back