Severed hose

cntinuum

Where should I be looking to find the other end that use to be run to this fitting? I have looked and I don't find any loose lines. The id of the line is about 1/16". I placed a wire in the hole until I know what to fix.

The dash vacuum/boost gauge is not functioning in the car. Is this the port that feeds that line?
Thanks,
-Dave

Attachments

• SC Leak.jpg
    SC Leak.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 95
Vacuum/Boost Line Firewall Location

Thanks rzimmerl,
I have and I didn't locate any loose line(s). Now, guessing that the end on the barb in the intake tube is a fitting that another line is inserted in, rather than looking for a 1/4" OD rubber hose, I found a line that ran over the brake booster and was tucked into the wire "mess" under the cowl in front of the fire wall.

I used a nail to remove the broken off piece out of the fitting and inserted the black plastic line into the fitting. Does this need to be glued and if so what is recommended?
Thanks,
-Dave

Attachments

• SC_vacuum_line.JPG
    SC_vacuum_line.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
That is what appears to be the factory boost gadge line, If it works you should have about 17 hg vaccum.

Last edited:
If the rubber fitting is getting worn out, you can easily find one in the HELP! section of your parts store. I think it's 1/8" x 5/32".

Solved

That is what appears to be the factory boost gadge line, If it works you should have about 17 hg vaccum.

The rubber fitting seems to be fine. I am getting a little less than 20" of vacuum according to the gauge.

Now onto the next issue and there are several......
-Dave

Back