Dave Dalke Tuning in South Bay

91BLOWNBIRD

I'm starting this because Dan and I were talking about trying to get Dave out to tune our SCs.

Anyone interested in joining us for this?...it will take place somewhere in the south bay havent really looked yet.

We're guessing that we need about 4 cars...we think we have 3.

There are a few SCT shops in the area and maybe we can use one of theirs.

I also found this:

http://home.fastspecialties.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115&Itemid=2

Probably not as good as Dave

Tuning

Yes, I would be interested in it.

I do not want to go to TSP motorsport for SC Tuning. The Mustang Corral in Santa Clara has a dyno and we might be able to use theirs. They do have their own tuner but he is not always there he works out of other places.
Jmat95

good news

this is the email dave sent me:

Jeff,

We'd need something with a dyno that rents by the hour which would be paid by whoever is having tuning done. It's very good also if we have a place where we can all meet and preliminary or post datalogging etc, can be done. Generally there are adjustments that need to be made to each car that we don't want to do on the dyno since time is money. A shop or decent sized garage or even driveway will do fine if we have good weather.

Flight is going to run about $400 and then since the travel time is around 15 hours all by itself, there would be a minimum tuning charge for 2 days ($650). I'd need a place to crash and transportation. I'd probably arrive on a Friday evening, plan on tuning all day Saturday, and then leave sometime Sunday.

So if it was just one person that would be $1050. That can be split up to 5 ways before there would be an incremental increase of $200/person. Most likely mid June would be the earliest I could do anything.
David

Need a few more

Jeff and Dan, Do you think Merlon or Jose or George (SonySC)would be interested in this or maybe some that you met at the last show. Dan, are going to get in on this? Looks we need two more.

James

Jeff and Dan, Do you think Merlon or Jose or George (SonySC)would be interested in this or maybe some that you met at the last show. Dan, are going to get in on this? Looks we need two more.

James

Merlon sold his SC 2 years ago

We may need to contact Jose or George if they dont chime in on this thread.

There are a couple more locals with SC's around here .. I would need to touch bases with them to see if they are interested as they do not go on these forums.

Im not sure at the moment if I can participate, depending on the time it would happen - if I can find a full time job before then, I would definately be in.

Ive never heard of Flynbird, where are you located ??

- Dan

Last edited:
by my count we have 4 and I'd like to get 5...

I'm in a situation similar to Dan, but I have a job (sorry dan)...I spent a ton of $ on building the damn thing, but I know how bad I need a tune in order to get this thing running well. So not sure how long everyone would be willing to wait.

It all depends on timing...Dave isnt going anywhere so if this takes a year to set up, then it takes a year to set up. All I know is some way some how Dave will tune my car.

I was hoping for mid summer, but I have to attend to my finances first.

when?

hi all,

woundn't mind going just to see you all, i have not seen anyone since last summer, just missing my fans. let me know the date and ill try to make it.

regards,
ramon:)

Re: Tuning

I'm interested

Anyone have a spare plastic radiator reservoir?

George aka the SonySC

Back