SC Side Skirt Removal

Cyboman

Can anyone tell me what it entails to remove the side skirts from the rockers and doors? Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like underneath?

Thanks.

Michael

There are plastic push pins and two screws that hold the lower edge of the skirt to the rocker panel.....

You can use a small pry bar to pop the push pins out....

The aluminum door panel has two small acorn nuts that holds each end to the door along with 8 plastic clips in the middle.....

After you remove the two nuts gently pry the top edge from the door and it will pop out of the plastic clips......

Doors have a nut front and back. Balance of door is on clips.

Once nuts are off, run a flathead along top till you hit a clip. Slight tug should clear it and on to the next.

Balance is philips screws in wheel wells and along bottom. They go into plugs and sometimes don't want to come free. Plastic is pretty pliable on warm days. Get the srews started and if they start to spin just give it a tug to pull free.

Top is on a runner that is lipped over for the overlap. Once you get it start it will run to end.

Thank you both.

big-e,

I got the reflector panel a few weeks ago, but have yet to open it. My mother-in-law had a stroke just before I got it, so I'm just now getting back into things (It totally disrupted my life for a bit). I'll shoot you an e-mail after I open it.

Michael

do they look like the regular thunderbird lx rockers? i would like to make my sc look like a lx but have the balls of a sc ;)

Yes, they do....

However, you will have to do something about the plastic clip mounting studs that are on the bottom of the doors and the rivet holes for the metal mounting strips....

Back