What should I replace the resonator with?

Silverbird00

OK guys, I know this topic has been brought up a million times, but I am the new owner of a 92 SC 5-speed and am looking into replacing the exhaust. I saw high-flow cats on SCPerformance, and I want to know what to replace the resonator with. I have heard Magnaflow and Dynomax mentioned a few times, but what do you guys recommend and where can I get them (website?) Thanks again from a new SC owner!!!!!!

Magnaflow @ Jeggs website

I know you can get the Magnaflow from Jeggs for a pretty resonable price...Stainless or whatever...THere is also a Terminator resonator that alot of guys use, but I don't know who stocks it...Should be pretty easy to search out there for whatever you decide on though...

If you can get away with it do the NO CAT thing..If not then do the cat thing I guess...Shop around though...THere are some good prices out there if you are patient...

Cheers

What should the inlet and outlet size be on the muffler that I get to replace the resonator? I know that depends on the size of exhaust I go with. I guess most guys use a 2.5" into a 3", then out to a 2.5" right? Just tell me exactly what I will need, what size it should be, and I'll go from there.

PS: I saw a Flowmaster system on Jegs for the 89-95 SC. What do you guys think of that system?

Like you said...

It depends on what you wanna do...True deal EXH...you need 2 2-1/2 in & OUT...dual single dual...2 2-1/2 in and 1 3" out...The magnaflow is reversable so the in and out thing don;t matter...Anyway, you get the 14" I think it is, and it is the strait through design...

The flowmaster kit is probably just fine, but it is 2-1/4 cat back I think...Which in your case may be plenty of flow for now and in the future...Again it depends on what you decide...

Hope that clears up your inquiry a bit..

Back