(Off Topic) Any airforce people in our group? Got a Q...

Silenced

Mods, Feel free to delete this if you want... Just could have sworn we've got a few Airforce people in our local group who might know some people or something...

Randi and I have this friend named Chris... He says he's in the airforce, but they put him on some probationary leave, or a discharge of some sort (Not really sure), and because of it, he is not paid or allowed to get a job.

I think he is full of it, and is mooching.

Any insight?

I am in the Army and I think everyone in the military, regardles of branch; falls under the same set of rules and punishmenst. Its called the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I have never heard of a leave such as the one you described. Even if someone has gotten in trouble and has to forfeit some of their pay; the maximum they can take from you is half a months pay for two months. I think maybe he used to be in the airforce and was chaptered(kicked) out. This is the only way he wouldnt be getting paid. Also when you are on leave you are required to have an approved leave form stating the inclusive dates of your leave as well as what type of leave you are on.

Yes, Indeed... He's been mooching.... I'm almost certain of it now. Through some social engineering, I found out he's classified as being "General Under-honorable discharge". This is no where near severe enough to warrant anything of that sort.

He's useful to me still, so I'm going to sit quiet I think... But thanks for the info guys, and if anyone else has insight, lets hear it!

a general discharge would i believe bar him from reinlisting into the military.

he can get another job. tell him to quit bein a mooch and get a jerrrrb.

Ditto. I've ran into some people like this when I went home last on leave.
Or you get the ones that say they ARE military, but in fact are nothing more than mommy's little boy. haha.

-Corey

Buddy

The Army had a lovely place for some of it's screw ups...........the stockade or a "motivation platoon".

waivers can be done after the first 6months to change the re-code. on average it take around 2-5 years for the process, unless if re-enlisting then meps can run the waiver and thats takes an average of 1 year. it also depends greatly on the nature of general discharge that he received. many oth's are given to those with drug offenses. those cant be waived for re-enlistments but can for civ. DOD jobs. a factor to keep in mind, his unwillingness to get a job might be a result of depression due to what ever he did to warrant an oth. and or it might be bad enough that when it comes to applying for a job they might not want to hire him. again about the drugs, many employers wont hire you if you have drug activity on your military record. places like roofing, brick layers ext will still hire though.

best thing you could do for his own good is kick him in the ars and make him get a job imo.

Back