coolent coming out of overlfow?!

frgnfstbrd

as the title reads.. I haven't done much diagnosing yet.. it still seems to have pressure in the radiator but I have coollent boiling out of my reservior.. At first I thought it might be the thermostat.. So I pulled it out just to see if that might have been the issue.. still having it.. Along with this, I am having a pretty good loss of power.. no hickups or anything, just a good lack of lowend power..

Headgaskets maybe or?!?

Head gaskets are about the only way to pressurize the cooling system like that. Though it could be a problem with your radiator cap. I'd start there as they are cheap at the auto parts store. The cap should release pressure at 12psi.

hmm, i didn't think of that at all.. Okay, I'll check that first and then I'm gonna assume headgaskets :( .. I hate my car.. lol. Hey thanks for the input!

Cooling system

i know for my car my radiator cap is 16lbs so grab one of those. if thats still doing that cuz thats what my car was also doing, but instead of trying to get a new cap i just went for the head gaskets. you might also have the problem im having. and your cooling system in your block my be clogged with crud. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

youll know as soon as you pull your head off. it will look like this in the farthest hole:

2qwevpc.jpg

Last edited:
Back