Question on Price

TwoTimeSC

Well, it had to happen sooner or later but I believe my '90 Red SC popped a head gasket at 130,000 miles on the odometer. I was driving back from dropping my daughter off at the mall the other night and she started running rough, really rough, about a quarter mile from home. I made it home fine, popped the hood, and found a lot of bubbling from the coolant overflow tank and it was almost overflowing. The level in the tank was much higher than normal. Anyway, I restarted it after it cooled off and it was still running a bit rough and had light steam out the exhaust. The engine oil looks perfectly fine with no indication of any coolant having gotten into the crankcase.

I have decided NOT to go to the trouble and expense of installing new gaskets.
I feel it is time to give her up and use the money saved for reupholstering the seats in my other car, a 35th Anniversary 5-speed with 90k on the speedo.

The Red car has begun to get the clearcoat peeling as well, on the trunk, roof, & hood. Other than the paint and the potentially bad head gasket(s), it is in excellent shape and has virtually new Bridgestone all season tires on it with less than 1/32" of wear.

The Good:
Black Leather interior with a little wear on bolsters but no rips, tears, or split seams anywhere.
Moonroof
Autolamps
Keyless Entry
JBL Audio
New Rotors and pads all around
New Headlights
New Prior Accumulator
New Tires
New Motorcraft Idle Air Control Valve
New Steel Ford Tensioner Pullies
New Motorcraft belts
New Plug wires
New Autolite Double Platinum Plugs
New O2 Sensors
New Fuel Pump
New Fuel Filter
New Air Filter
New Motor Mounts
Power Steering Pump is TOTALLY silent (NO whine)
AOD Trans shifts fine (Previous owner had it rebuilt with shift kit)
Used virtually no oil on long trips
NO external body rust anywhere
Quite rust-free underneath
Everything works except noted below

The Bad:
Either the fender mounted Starter Solenoid or the Starter Interlock relay is going out
Has a small crack in the dash vinyl
Has a small vertical crack in the windshield near the left A-Pillar
Has clearcoat peeling on three upper surfaces
Valve Cover gaskets have slight leak
Bad Head Gasket(s) (I think)

I really don't want to send it to the crusher but would like to get it into the hands of someone who can do what it needs to have done to it. It really is in nice condition otherwise.

I don't want, nor do I have the time, to part this car out so my question is:

What would be a realistic price to sell this thing for locally, and, are any of you forum members interested?

Last edited:
Back