Will '94 SC AM/FM work in '90 SC?

TBirdDriver

Will an Am/FM radio from a 1994 Thunderbird SC with premium sound work in a 1990 T-Bird SC with premium sound?

Well, I'm not sure about a 94 to 90, but I'm positive it didn't work when I tried my radio out of my '95 in my '89. The harness fit, but the radio is too deep and I had to turn the volume all the way up just to hear a whisper of sound. But its an easy swap, try it and see for yourself.

Premium sound radio from the 94 will work fine in the 1990. HOWEVER, you must make a minor change in the wiring harness to power up the amplifier.

My factory CD player from my 93 Ranger Splash works great in my 90 XR-7 S/C with JBL. Looks real nice too!

probably didn't have an amp or didn't have the right amp in the '89. I'm fairly certain that the '95 radios had amps and the '89's didn't.

It had the factory amp in it, I'm not too concerned though, the wiring caught on fire a while ago and I haven't found a radio that works in it since. I'm no electrician, but I have run new power and ground wires and still nothing.

Back