PDA

View Full Version : Supercoupe performance down pipes?

90turbo1
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
anyone run the supercoupe performance down pipes?

are they crush bent pipes as in there pics.???? anyone make nice mandrel bent pipes to buy.

my factory cats have been butchered off after the cat right at the heat shielding and some crappy 2 inch pipe welded in there. if I cut that off and try to weld in 2.25 pipes to them there isnt enough material to do that.

so I need downpipes and new cats, any ideas?

thanks

Brad2296
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
ive got the cat-less ones on my 92. the quality is good for what your paying for them. they're made of aluminized steel, and are NOT mandrel bent, they are crush bent. i dont have any complaints with them.

90turbo1
04-23-2010, 01:10 AM
ok, I was just wondering. aluminized pipe is fine for me as i dont drive in winter with my cars and it holds up good around here anyway.

WhiteThunder
04-23-2010, 10:40 AM
ive got the cat-less ones on my 92. the quality is good for what your paying for them. they're made of aluminized steel, and are NOT mandrel bent, they are crush bent. i dont have any complaints with them.

I've had the SCP cat-less downtubes on my SC for about five years now. No problems. They're way better than the stock pipes - especially the driver's side that had a hairpin turn going into the converter.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Gerry Rider
04-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I have them too, big improvement over stock