PDA

View Full Version : New SC owner in Lutz

Bigfatts
04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
So I just bought my first SC. I was actually going to buy a '97 Regal GS after selling my '88 Mustang Notch. I loved the Stang but I just got to the point where I wanted a nice car to ride around in that still had some a$$ to it. Got there to look at the Regal only to see a woman buying it. Started poking around the lot and saw a warehouse full of cars not for sale yet. Poked around some more and saw the front end of a Tbird. My brother has been into them for a while (he has an '87 TC), I've always liked them. Got closer and noticed it was a SC and I drove it home. The dealer had just put in new alternator/battery/brakes/tires/belts.

It's a '94 Opal Frost with leather/sunroof/power everything/JBL. 82k on the odometer. It was a one owner car until the little old man died. He left it to someone and they traded it in on a new car. I picked it up after that. It was a northern car, has some rust underneath but nothing I can't handle. Interior is immaculate, everything works, no tears/holes in the leather. I think I got it for a decent price too. I don't have pics yet 'cuz she's pretty dirty. Going up to wash her tomorrow and do some vacuuming, I'll post pics then.

So far I have a CAI on it. Trying to decide between the Screamin' Demon and Accel coils to go with the wires and plugs I'm about to put in. Any other SC's in Lutz?

Bigfatts
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Ok, here's some pics after I spent the last couple hours shinin' her up.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/bigfatts/Super%20Coupe/94SuperCoupe001.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/bigfatts/Super%20Coupe/94SuperCoupe002.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/bigfatts/Super%20Coupe/94SuperCoupe004.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/bigfatts/Super%20Coupe/94SuperCoupe003.jpg

In the words of another Ford lover "Ain't she purty? Ain't she sweet?"

SuperChicken89
04-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Nice acquisition! You don't see too many SC's in that condition now days.

If it were me, I wouldn't waste the money on an aftermarket coil. The factory ignition systems on these cars are rock solid. There are many 350 HP+ SC's out there with the factory coil. Spend your money on a good set of plugs and wires and call it done. Use the search feature to find information on the coil, plugs, and wires.

Good luck with the new SC. Hope we can see it in the future at a get together.

Bryan

Flip
04-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Nice SC, looks like you found one in great condition. Good luck with it. I second Bryan's statement about the coils, nice set of wires and plugs should do the trick.
Flip

onequiksc
04-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Unmolested SCs in that condition are so rare now, best of luck with the car, looks purdy.;)

Bigfatts
04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanx guys! I will take your advice about the coil. You know, when I was on the hunt for a car I never considered an SC as an option simply because you don't find them in good shape and if you do, they're a fortune. When I saw this baby sitting in that warehouse I just had to have it.

speedbump
04-25-2010, 05:07 AM
I'm not in lutz but I'm a little north of you in citrus county. I go up to a car show in spring hill every thursday. You should come up one night and hang out. I have a 92 and a 95 5-speed.

Bigfatts
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Springhill? That's not too far. Where is it at?

speedbump
04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
If you take the suncoast north to sr 50. Go east on 50 til you come to a chik fila on the right. There is also a five guys and a strip mall behind it. I usualy park right behind the chik fila in the strip mall parking lot. Its every thursday from about 5pm till 8 or 9pm. Anyone else that sees this is more than welcome to come out too. It would be nice to have some sc's hanging out down there. Give me a call if your planning on comming and I'll make sure I'm there.

352-464-5978

Paxton

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
looks great and welcome aboard :confused:
the bird is my most favorite car good luck :D
hey you guys headed out to the show thur 4/29/10
i will stop by if you guys are going to be there :D

Chris :cool:

kamakazie_1
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Nice.. welcome to our little group here, you'll have to come to one of our get togethers...

good luck with it,

RJ

speedbump
04-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I will be there this thursday. Just give me a call if anyone needs directions

Bigfatts
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Well shoot, if y'all are going to be there I'll see if I can make it. I was going to start on the undercarriage but hey, what are weekends for? If I can get off early enough, I'll be there.

Bigfatts
04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Well I got sent to Sebring today and it's going to be an all day affair. So it looks like I'm not going to make it tonight. Next week shouldn't be a problem though, if anyone goes then.

speedbump
05-06-2010, 04:41 AM
I'll be there thursday night if anyone wants to come out. Call if anyone needs directions. Also going to street heat on the 22nd if anyone wants to go.