best sourse for IAC?

flynbrd

My stock IAC runs fine with the exception of holding the car idle a bit high. About 1k when it should be around 750. Also the IAC tends to hold the idle up longer than I like after revving. In the past I've tried to run 2 new IAC from aftermarket venders only to have the car run poorly. Both new IAC would not allow the car to idle right at all, even after doing the IAC adjustment.(one made the car run so rough I thought it dropped a cylinder) Does anyone know of a reliable source for IACs!! As it stands right now with the stock one installed I have the TB position screw set all the way back so it barely touching the throttle stop. The idle air bleed screw is bottomed out, so no air is getting by. The TB is an early production 75mm BBK.(or was it 80?) When I disconnect the IAC the idle barely drops at all. I'm thinking the stock unit is bleeding air in the closed position and this is why I want to replace it.

Thanks

:Kragens has the E9SZ 9F715 EA unit for 120$! ouch really worth it? :

Last edited:
cant say much here about the leak in the tb, however and keep in mind im not sure here, the new iac might need to have the eec reset to relearn it. i remember in my 97 monti i had to reset it after installing a new tps. weirdly i was instructed to start the car, let it die after unplugging the tps, restart it with it plugged back in and sure enough it worked. that was also an obd2 system. with ours just unplug the batt for around 15min or so.

also it wouldnt hurt to check your tune. other sensors might have part to do with a bad idle. i had 2 bad o2's and didnt know until i hooked up my Q-horse. it showed off the bat that both o2's showed bad. it had a rough idle like it had a cam but no cam. replaced them and now its as smooth as a show floor car.

I think Parts America is the Advance Auto on the west coast, though I cant find any evidence online that they are still in business. Super Coupe Performance Parts offers an IAC for $63

Back