NettlesD how do you.....

SCarSC

I saw some pics of your car, and I couldn't help but notice the amazing paint quality. I know you are always posting how to's and what not, so I was hoping you could inform me how you get that constantly wet look on you vehicle, is it a certain technique or a product that I can puchase? Thanks in advance

Jonathan

I saw some pics of your car, and I couldn't help but notice the amazing paint quality. I know you are always posting how to's and what not, so I was hoping you could inform me how you get that constantly wet look on you vehicle, is it a certain technique or a product that I can puchase? Thanks in advance

Jonathan

i would just say waxing with a good wax. would keep the car looking wet..

on his car im not sure what he is doing

He has a small fire truck following it around that hoses it down just before he takes pictures :D

Seriously though a good wax job using a good quality wax does wonders. I've used Zymol for a while now, others have used Zaino and I'm sure others can chime in with some they've used that has worked very well. Something else that has helped Duane's car is that his has been well cared for, always garaged, and is low miles (under 40k)

-Melon

The secret is Toothpaste. Toothpaste is the cure all for everything. I cover the car with a heavy dose of toothpaste, break out the tooth brush, brush my teeth for 5 minutes and then hose the car off. It gleams like chrome in the bright sun.

Toothpaste is also a good gasket sealer, radiator flush, motor flush, transmission additive, rear end additive and anything else you can think of.

Honestly, since owning the car since new, I have never waxed it or done anything to the paint.

Thanks again for the compliments on my car. Make sure to stock up on toothpaste.

The secret is Toothpaste. Toothpaste is the cure all for everything. I cover the car with a heavy dose of toothpaste, break out the tooth brush, brush my teeth for 5 minutes and then hose the car off. It gleams like chrome in the bright sun.

Toothpaste is also a good gasket sealer, radiator flush, motor flush, transmission additive, rear end additive and anything else you can think of.

Honestly, since owning the car since new, I have never waxed it or done anything to the paint.

Thanks again for the compliments on my car. Make sure to stock up on toothpaste.

can you post some pics or links to pics i dont think i ever seen any.....

thanks!

Think you could put together a how-to on this topic...with a video? :D

just trying

to get another wise@55 post....its been awhile since I have read one of your engine cleaning or butt dyno things and i thought you might have another gem up in your noggin, thats all....just trying to get the ball rolling

toothpaste IS a minor abrasive... would work as a polishing compound in a pinch. and your car would smell DELICIOUS.

Do you sell tooth paste or some thing? :rolleyes:

Nope. But I wouldn't put a motor together without a thin film of toothpaste everywhere. RTV is old school. Toothpaste is the next greatest thing.

Really, I thought Astroglide was your thing ? Or maybe a spit shine. ;)

- Dan

Here is a NettesD paint how to.....

Step 1. Somehow travel back in time to 1995 and buy a pearl 95 SC.
Step 2. Keep SC locked in garage.
Step 3. Set engine compartment on fire once in a while.
Step 4. ?????????
Step 5. Profit!

Here is a NettesD paint how to.....

Step 1. Somehow travel back in time to 1995 and buy a pearl 95 SC.
Step 2. Keep SC locked in garage.
Step 3. Set engine compartment on fire once in a while.
Step 4. ?????????
Step 5. Profit!

You also have to flush the motor with a power washer and dawn dish soap. The dish soap gets all the sludge out of the motor and makes it a shiny clean motor inside. It's also good to leatherique you motor from time to time to get the necessary oils back into the crank, rods, block...etc. If you don't, your motor will dry out and seize.

Back