finishing up, got a few questions

smokin86

allright i just got the motor back in my '89. i think i got most of it figured out, i still have a few questions. the s/c has a bypass valve on the rear, with a vacuum line nipple. where does this line go?

It goes somewhere on the intake plenum.....

On my 92, there are two fittings on the intake plenum just to the left of the SC top.....

The by-pass valve goes to the fitting on the right.....

i'm slightly confused...pics? also, why does my fan not work at all? it runs at the extreme upper end of normal unless you have a lot of airflow through the radiator.

connection

I'll be posting a video soon of my visit to the auto yard where I detail out the vacuum setup. For now on the 89 the vacuum abv is connecting on to the driverside vacuum T. There will be a piece of vaccuum hose curling up with a nipple in it. Connect the ABV to the nipple and your ready to go. On the later sc the abv was connected to the Throttle body side of the supercharger inlet elbow.

allright i just got the motor back in my '89. i think i got most of it figured out, i still have a few questions. the s/c has a bypass valve on the rear, with a vacuum line nipple. where does this line go?

pretty much the vac line can be hooked up to almost any vac port. and your fan wont turn on until 220f by factory eec settings. you can fix that with a tune or bypassing the power lines using an aftermarket fan controller or manual relay switch.

Back