fuel pump issue

92sclikenew

today im driving and it just shuts off.......

check a few things, decide to push the valve on the fuel rail, dry..

so i get my dad to help tow me back to there house since i just left and was less then 1/2mile away....

get it back there check a few things.. my wires show i have power but wont power the pump. so i decide to power and ground the pump(off the battery), and it work. so i plug the plug back in, and try it again. no work.
so i jump just the power wire and it runs the pump. and the car will start.

fuse is good. pump has maybe 1kmiles on it.

now i know that the fuel pump has a relay in that ircm box (that controls the fan also)

should i assume that its bad? or possibly something else?

today im driving and it just shuts off.......

check a few things, decide to push the valve on the fuel rail, dry..

so i get my dad to help tow me back to there house since i just left and was less then 1/2mile away....

get it back there check a few things.. my wires show i have power but wont power the pump. so i decide to power and ground the pump(off the battery), and it work. so i plug the plug back in, and try it again. no work.
so i jump just the power wire and it runs the pump. and the car will start.

fuse is good. pump has maybe 1kmiles on it.

now i know that the fuel pump has a relay in that ircm box (that controls the fan also)

should i assume that its bad? or possibly something else?

It could be IRCM but I would first check the wiring going into it. They liked to corrode or break internally.

It could be IRCM but I would first check the wiring going into it. They liked to corrode or break internally.

i didnt look at it hard. but i been looking around on this site and find that there is a real relay in the truck for the fuel pump. and that the ircm controls the eec which powers the fuel pump relay..

i have both relays and i think i have another ircm to try. ill let you guys know what i find..

thanks!

Back