Last minute A/C questions

flynbrd

I'm recharging my 134a system this weekend and I have a few last minute questions. First some info on my car's a/c. The compressor, liquid line, and accumulator are being replace, plus new o-rings. The system is receiving 3 cans of 134a arctic freeze(almost 3 cans, each can has 12oz). Each can has 1 oz of lubricant mixed in, so will I need more pag oil? The new compressor has black o-rings (which an ac tech told me would be fine with the 134 freon); will there be oil in the compressor already? will draining the compressor be needed to add PAG oil?(I ask this because I'm concerned the oil the compressor maybe r12 based. I told the seller I had 134a system but the compress arrived with black o-rings) Basically after I evac the system I just start adding 134a or do I add more oil ?

thanks

the only oil you will have in the system will be in the pump if you are changing all those parts.

if this were my car I would remove the pump from vehicle and drain it out into a measured container (old large measuring cup) and compare that to what the pump is suppoed to have in it when replacing pump..

since its drained then fill with new pag oil. the rest of the system will have residue from the old oil and that should be fine but a good flushing of the condenser and evaporator will be the best way to do this.

Back