5 Speed Swap question

RedSC93

I have everything I need to convert my 93 auto to a 5 speed setup out of a 89 SC. A couple of things, do i need to change the trans wiring harness? And also do i need the 89 5 speed EEC or can I use mine?

Thanks,
Jerry

I have everything I need to convert my 93 auto to a 5 speed setup out of a 89 SC. A couple of things, do i need to change the trans wiring harness? And also do i need the 89 5 speed EEC or can I use mine?

Thanks,
Jerry

I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my 93. You WILL need the manual trans harness. Do you have the 5spd console yet? They ARE different! You can probably use the Auto ECU but you may have idle issues. The Auto ECU anticipates gear engagement and raises idle. You should change the ECU to a 5spd, or get Dave to do a tune for you. Good luck though. I've been looking for a couple of months for a NON EGR 5spd ecu, at a REASONABLE price.

A 90 degree elbow for your drill can help too. That way you don't have to remove the dash to put the holes in for the master cylinder or the clutch bracket. Good Luck!:D

Back