stops running after 15-20 min

g92ride

i have a 92 sc runs good then dies after 15-20 min it gets spark i dont think it getting fuel what should i check i was told it could filter

i have a 92 sc runs good then dies after 15-20 min it gets spark i dont think it getting fuel what should i check i was told it could filter

how long do you have to wait until it will start again? Could be any number of issues. What happens when it dies? just instant off, or does it start to stumble, then die?

it just stops running as far as how long it takes not sure i wait at least 2hr be for i try to start

have it tested at autoparts supplier like auto zone. Also you can try cleaning off the old thermal paste and replace it with fresh thermal. (same stuff used on cpu cooling fans).

question here, is it an auto or manual, when turning it over does a shift light on the tac come on? when it wont start and you first turn the key on, can you here the fuel pump run for a second or so? when it shuts down on you have you felt the DIS to see if its hot or not?

Check the fuel pump relay in the trunk. Give it a rap when it won't start and see if it will then.

that was my issue a week ago or so...

tho i just changed out the relay.

listen to see if the pump runs.. should be a short 15sec whine when you first turn the key on.

i have a shift on when its stops running while trying to restart i do here the fuel pump & autozone says they dont test dis

i have a shift on when its stops running while trying to restart i do here the fuel pump & autozone says they dont test dis

you know it works when cold and if it aint tested when acting up i wouldn't think you would see the issue.

your best bet is to try to find one local or find one on here!

i always try to keep a back-up around.

as for the shift light when attempting to restart, i know with a manual tranny if the shift light is on while cranking the engine over then your crank position sensor is bad. check the codes and see if there is one for PIP

I saw a pic once years ago of somebody with a DIS 89-93 that was re-mounted to fender well and heatsinked seperately. Is this a common practice or a no-no? Opinions?

I saw a pic once years ago of somebody with a DIS 89-93 that was re-mounted to fender well and heatsinked seperately. Is this a common practice or a no-no? Opinions?

never heard of that being done, one would think so long as its grounded well and you can dissipate enough heat you should be ok mounting it in any spot you want.

Back