Driver's Window Suddenly Inop

Cyboman

I went to put the driver's window down and I hear the motor spinning, but the window doesn't move. I took off the door panel and as soon as the button is pressed to put it down, I can see a bit of movement in the arm and that's it. Same thing when I press the switch for up.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Michael

I went to put the driver's window down and I hear the motor spinning, but the window doesn't move. I took off the door panel and as soon as the button is pressed to put it down, I can see a bit of movement in the arm and that's it. Same thing when I press the switch for up.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Michael

More than likely 3 little plugs in the motor broke. Easy fix, do a search, there are detailed threads on this repair including the part number.

if its still running but no movement then most likely the junk teflon gear inside the motor went out. you can rebuild them or get another motor from the bone yard. they are super easy to remove and reinstall.

More than likely 3 little plugs in the motor broke. Easy fix, do a search, there are detailed threads on this repair including the part number.

Agreed!!
Make sure you clean out ALL the little pieces when you get in there before putting in the new ones! Experience talking here!

You were right, it was the 3 little pluggys.

Autozone sells the 3 plugs with the nylon gear for about $20.

Advance Auto Parts sell just the 3 plugs under HELP! (Dorman) part# 74410 (Window Regulator Gear Plugs). It was $8, but I got it for $3.

I looked up the threads you suggested, and blew it out in no time. Thanks for the 'point' in the right direction.

Michael

hehe.. your passenger window has ground down .45 QCP shells in there for bushings ;) me and matt put them in there. :D work like a charm.

autozone sells them in the HELP! parts. take motor apart, clean old bushing debris out, install new bushings, regrease, install. ;)

hehe.. your passenger window has ground down .45 QCP shells in there for bushings ;) me and matt put them in there. :D work like a charm.)

I wouldn't have expected any less. Oh and no it didn't...motor failed. It chewed everything up. So instead of >$10 to fix it, it would have cost considerably more if I wouldn't have had a spare motor to replace it.

Back