94sc + SS lines + Fluid Change +Mighty Vac = Help!

XxSlowpokexX

Sooo I installed my SS lines today and changed over to that blue german DOT 4 fluid stuff. Noone ws around to help me so I used a mighty vac to bleed teh brakes as I swapped the lines and fluid.

I did the proper bleed sequence on all 4 wheel suntill blue fluid came out. Made sure the master never ran low...

Take car for a spin...Low pedal pressure...Two pumps and its wonderfull...SOOOOOOOO I must have air. I never used one of these mighty vacs but it did seem to not work so well. Mayeb because of the ABS?

Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue. I shouldnt need the ABS tool as my brakes were fine before with no air. Did I need to have the ignitionon while doing this??

Lil lost here

Thanks all

Damon

if you replaced lines it can take up to a full small bottle per brake for bleeding. i say just repeat bleeding procedure and see what happens then.

btw that vac junk doesnt work. do it with someone on the brake pedal.

I use one of those one man bleeder bottles. I got mine at Harbor Freight and it works great. Other autoparts stores have them too. I can do all 4 wheels by myself no problem.

Did you verify the fluid in the abs reservoir and system was flushed out as well? And you might also have a partial blockage in one of your lines causing a slight soft pedal. A pressure bleeder will allow you to verify there is nothing amiss with the fluid getting to the calipers.

Is there a check valve bleeder available to replace the bleeders? I have heard of such and if so I wouldn't mind swapping out. that way it would be tons easier.

yes, those auto check valves will fit. I'm not sure how the might vac works. if it worked right, there would be no air in the system. Since you think you have air, you did it wrong. My guess, you didn't get all the air out when you blead the line.

Now you're gonna have to try again and hope the air didn't migrate through the brake system.

Sweet. I wanna convert so when bleeding i should be able to do one ata time, in order, and take a line and bottle to eleminate mess.:D

Brakes were fine before and I flushed all fluid as it came out blue at each wheel...But somethings up..I dont think that mighty vac has gotten all the air out of my new lines.

Im doing a manual bleed this week

I thought that the late-model cars required an electronic controller to do a proper bleed? False?

I thought that the late-model cars required an electronic controller to do a proper bleed? False?

In general you don't unless you get air into the system. If you get air into the system, you may need to. The ABS system has a slightly different path on the 93+ cars that limits their exposure during fluid changes or bleeding. But if air gets in there, you do need a tool to cycle the ABS pump and actuate the solenoids to push air out of the ABS module.

I never allowed the fluid to go low. Im just thinking I didnt get all the air out. EVEN THOUGH I did the pump thing many many times on each brake. I was hoping someone would have shared thier experence with a mighty vac and brakes

You need the tool. I had to replace a rear brake line on my 95. Took me twice USING the tool to get all the air out of the system. If the system was open to install the new SS brake lines...who knows how much air got into the system?

EVEN THOUGH I did the pump thing many many times on each brake.

what does that mean?

I've found that;
#1 you must have someone helping you.
#2 you must hook a clear tube to the bleeder and have it lead into a container with the end under brake fluid.

The help is so you can watch the clear tube. The clear tube is so you can watch for bubbles coming through the fluid.
That's the manual way. if you could link to the MityVac instructions I'll see if I can figure out what they have you do to see if that anyhow eliminates the need for the manual bleeding method.

what does that mean?

I've found that;
#1 you must have someone helping you.
#2 you must hook a clear tube to the bleeder and have it lead into a container with the end under brake fluid.

The help is so you can watch the clear tube. The clear tube is so you can watch for bubbles coming through the fluid.
That's the manual way. if you could link to the MityVac instructions I'll see if I can figure out what they have you do to see if that anyhow eliminates the need for the manual bleeding method.

The whole idea of a mighty vac is to be able to bleed the brakes yourself. It just doesnt work well on this car. Perhaps because of how the ABS is. Basically the two man method is best

As for the tool I am having another go at a few things on my car this wekend. I will et you know Duffy. Funny thing is these toosl used to go for nothong used and now they are a few hundred when you find them. Better then the priginal dealer cost of 1000 plus!

You need the tool. You have air in there. When I changed the calipers to the CObra ones I had a hard time getting my pedal to be hard Took years for mine to get to apoint where I was happy. 3-4 cams later to give it more vac too. Now I probably never touch it ever again unless I need to. I borrowed the tool from the shop I work at.

lemme know the mityvac part number so I can figure it out. If you need the bleeder machine for the ABS on 93+ abs... pm me. I'll loan it and ship it to you.

Back