Tires

racer02sl

I plan on having new rubber put on the bird in the near future. The size I’m going with is 235/55-16. A tire shop in town does not have this size in stock of coarse, but they can order it in the following brands. Priced reasonably.

BFgoodrich Traction T/A
Cooper Cobra Radial G/T
Mastercraft Avenger G/T

Of the three brands, who has used one and what are your opinions?

>Of the three brands, who has used one and what are your opinions?

That's only two brands...Cooper makes Mastercraft.

Copper and BFG are both fine...

Shop warranty to get the best deal.

I had a real nice set of Cooper's a few years ago. Rode smooth until it was dangerous (belts showing)! They weren't the Cobras...something like Lifeliners I think.

I am a fan of BFG. We had a set of Traction T/A's on our last Taurus, good traction and mileage was great.

I plan on having new rubber put on the bird in the near future. The size I’m going with is 235/55-16. A tire shop in town does not have this size in stock of coarse, but they can order it in the following brands. Priced reasonably.

BFgoodrich Traction T/A
Cooper Cobra Radial G/T
Mastercraft Avenger G/T

Of the three brands, who has used one and what are your opinions?

I have the Cooper Avenger on my 98 SHO. They are awsome. Good ride yet real good bite. I know I'm comparing a front wheel drive to rear but I like the tires. Discount tire gave me the best deal.{don't have the receipt handy} I don't know where you are from but there are discount tire locations nation wide.

>Of the three brands, who has used one and what are your opinions?

That's only two brands...Cooper makes Mastercraft.

Copper and BFG are both fine...

Shop warranty to get the best deal.

My mistake, I actually knew that...just trying to do a quick post.

I've heard complaints about the BFG's being noisy?

Is anyone currently using a 235/55-16 on their SC? If so, could you PM me a picture of the sidewall? I want to know how much sidewall bulge there will be.

i like bfg's my self.

i got some bfg g-force on the rear of my sc and they are pretty sticky for 350whp (est.)

i also have a set of kumho Ecsta AST on my 97 sho and i really like them i can hit corners like no other:eek:

i also have some bfg t/a's on the same sho years ago and liked them alot.

Back