Power Loss under Full Boost(UPDATE 5/16)

XxSlowpokexX

EVERYTIME!!!!

Ok so if I punch the gas the boost goes up 17 or so and it almost seems as though someone turned the switch off power wise. No bucking just like a swicth was turned off and absolutely no power

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Did you change your tune? Sounds like too much fuel, or something cutting a bunch of timing. Or you're blowing through a crack or leak somewhere.

Well I did change the fan settings on my tune..I wonder if the original tune is corrupt somehow. I reburnt the tune again and the samething.

I guess that would make sence. Everything else seems to be ok...

Now to find another copy of my original tune..

And no meth just yet

I took a ride with my blue car last week when temps got up to 85deg, the car wanted to run hot that day. It felt like there was loss of 100HP, really affected the cars performance, Alky is not on till I find a reservoir. My point is what conditions are you seeing? My car turned into a complete dog without the alky under hot conditions.

You need some way to do some datalogging and find out what's really happening.

I use a laptop based scan tool from Ease, which works on OBD 1, but I'm sure that there are others.

I know it's along drive, but at least the A/C works now. :cool:

Not a gas issue. I will check this out again later this week. I just have no time. And it wasnt running hot at all. Only was a trip around the block...Gotta love this car!!

Thanks guys..And Doug..Good luck today! Once I install my Meth maybe ill take you up on some data logging

spray down the entire air system with brake fluid while the engine is running. if your idle goes up the you have a leak. spray the entire ic to.

EVERYTIME!!!!

Ok so if I punch the gas the boost goes up 17 or so and it almost seems as though someone turned the switch off power wise. No bucking just like a swicth was turned off and absolutely no power

Any ideas?

Make sure the bypass valve isn't sticking open. Remember that screw I told you about...??

Ira

MY BOOST GAGUE IS GOING TO FULL BOOST 17PSI OR SO..Would I get such a high boost reading even if its sticking open? Because come to think of it when doing some work the other day one of my IC tube clamps slid off of my raised top....I repositioned it however its right near that bypass. I checked my tune and it seems like its all still there

Anyone ever have that issue?

I am totally ruling out a vacuum or boost leak.

Make sure the bypass valve isn't sticking open. Remember that screw I told you about...??

Ira

Long time ago in a galaxy faf far away I had a like problem. For me it turned out that my IC tube clamps were tight, just not tight enough. I pressured the intake system and not much leaking at a couple of lbs of pressure but when I got to over 10 lbs of pressure the air was blowing by some of the clamps. Tightening the heck out of the clamps took care of that. The brakeclean method isnt going to find a problem like that. Only reproducing the pressure that you have when you are in boost will show a problem. In my opinion. I have had zilch luck with brakeclean

Ken

I don't see how a loose IC connection can cause power to just cut out.
When I forgot to tighten an IC clamp it just kept me from making over 12 psi, but the car still pulled through the rpm range fine (just low on power).

edit- although I may be misunderstanding what is actually happening? Damon, when you say, "almost seems as though someone turned the switch off power wise. No bucking just like a swicth was turned off and absolutely no power...." do you mean "all systems off" like the engine dies.....or it's is still revving and pulling, but not as good as it should?

Last edited:
So full boost and feel power decline.

exhaust plugged?
fuel pressure dropping?
eec pulling timing? (ACT temps?)
TPS sensor problem?
MAF sensor problem?
spout plug fall out?

I guess I need to explain it better. I can drive around no issues. Part throttle seems fine. The minute I gun the gas the boost goes up as it usually does to about 17psi however it feels as though I am getting 0 boost as there is like absolutely no power as in HP.

So if I had a massive leak that would cause this..I certainly wouldnt be seeing 17psi. I had two IC tubes off the car and both appear to be very tightly installed now (MP front mount). No check engine light..Nada. Ill be looking at it this weekend but figured you could all give me some good ideas to look towards.

Back