alert dumb question ahead!! Whats the difference between....

90turbo1

so I have been reading around but I am a supercharging noob.. I understand the principal to them and such and have installed a cyntrifical charger before now the thunderbird...

so whats the difference and what makes each one better..

stock supercharger (eaton)
mpx
whipple
ect. there are probably more.

just would like some info on there workings and pro's and cons of each.

thanks

so I have been reading around but I am a supercharging noob.. I understand the principal to them and such and have installed a cyntrifical charger before now the thunderbird...

so whats the difference and what makes each one better..

stock supercharger (eaton)
mpx
whipple
ect. there are probably more.

just would like some info on there workings and pro's and cons of each.

thanks

An Eaton (roots style blower) just moves air along, is not the most efficient blower. Best in a 7 to maybe 12 lbs of boost. Anything higher it generates a lot of heat Hince they are called heatons sometimes

A MPX is a roots style blower that has a bigger and better designed inlet and can run faster and move a lot of air to acheive bigger boost. It still generates a lot of heat and is still a heaton in my book

A twin screw(Whipple, Kenne Bell and others) compressed the air in the case and dont just move the air along like a roots style. Lower air temps and it is a more efficient blower. Can generate more boost efficiently and at a lower temp. More expensive and not available as a kit except by one guy here on the SCCoA.

Ken

Ken,

Who sells a twin screw kit for the SC?

Thanks,

Theodore

Dave Dalke has sold Auto rotor kits to some member here. I dont know if he is curently doing them as he is one busy guy. Most of the twin screw cars are 11 second cars. For our 3.8 motors the twin screw is the best way to go if you remain with a supercharged kit. There is no aftermarket kits for our cars, the twin screws kits are mostly custom fabricated by people like dave. CMac89 has been trying to sell a whipple kit on the parts forum that is about as good as it gets

Ken

Last edited:
An Eaton (roots style blower) just moves air along, is not the most efficient blower. Best in a 7 to maybe 12 lbs of boost. Anything higher it generates a lot of heat Hince they are called heatons sometimes

A MPX is a roots style blower that has a bigger and better designed inlet and can run faster and move a lot of air to acheive bigger boost. It still generates a lot of heat and is still a heaton in my book

A twin screw(Whipple, Kenne Bell and others) compressed the air in the case and dont just move the air along like a roots style. Lower air temps and it is a more efficient blower. Can generate more boost efficiently and at a lower temp. More expensive and not available as a kit except by one guy here on the SCCoA.

Ken

awesome!! thats exactly what I was wondering.

thanks

Back