Starting issue

Supercouped

It Clicks but wont turn over..
ive charged the battery and everything.

what could it be to were its not turning over?

:(:(:(

Your battery could still be bad. Grounds and starter wiring need checked if your 100% sure the battery is good.

Swap a battery out of another car and give it a try....

battery should be fine, i had it going yesterday. it wanted to cut out but i would hit that gas and it would still run.(but still wanting to die) but now.... nothing..
:'(

For starters, get fresh battery, check fireing order, and CHECK ALL VACCUM LINES! this is important. This is the life line of our cars. Best of luck

Could need a new starter. Ive seen where the bendix (part that throws out the starter gear out to mesh with the flywheel) goes bad and it will just click with a perfectly full battery.

Take a set of jumper cables. Put the black side on the (-) terminal, and put the other end of the black wire somewhere on the engine block. If it starts, it's a ground issue.

it was

my line to my starter when i got those symptoms....just finished the hg's and was going for the test fire and just got click and die. it might just be me and my sagging mounts which i should have changed, but doing the line was a massive pain in the but, knuckles hurt for days and i couldnt really grip a wrench after a while

It Clicks but wont turn over..
ive charged the battery and everything.

what could it be to were its not turning over?

:(:(:(

In NUETRAL or PARK perform the following.
Using a standard size screwdriver that you won't mind getting a few spot welds on the shaft, jump the two large terminals of the solenoid together by putting the screwdriver blade on the lower stud and touching the screwdriver shaft to the upper stud.
The key does not need to be in the car for this proceedure.
If it cranks as long as you hold the connection, the solenoid has failed internally.
The loud click you hear is a electro-magnet within the solenoid drawing a disc within the solenoid against the backside of the two studs, completing the circuit.
This test is you completing the circuit externally, proving the disc within the solenoid is burned or corroded.

If you get a strong arc and no crank, the starter or wire from the solenoid to the starter has a problem.

Good luck,
Rob

Back