bad crank sensor

Not too difficult. In the past I have removed the plate that mounts the sensor to the block. IIRC, one of the bolts is a 5.5mm. This gives me a better view/idea as to the original orientation of the sensor to it's mounting point as there is room for adjustment. Make sure you move the damper clockwise such that there is no vane in the way of the sensor before doing anything, otherwise you won't get it out. Screw the new sensor onto the bracket while trying to match the exact spot where you had removed the old one. Then install bracket to block. Once installed, rotate the crank clockwise and keep an eye out for the next vane to approach the sensor. Make sure it will not contact the sensor before moving the vane into/between the sensor. Then take a piece of cereal box top cardboard and place a piece on both sides of the vane. There should be that much clearance for the vane to pass through the sensor. If you installed the new sensor in the same spot as the old, then they should fit. If it is too tight/loose, adjust accordingly using the screws holding the sensor. There may be other ways of doing it, but this has worked well for me the four times I did it.

Forgot to mention, it is a good idea to use blue loctite on the bracket to block bolts and the sensor screws, not too much though.

Last edited:
Back