Is this MAF worth it for this setup?

Bigfatts

So... I have a couple parts left over from my Mustang days, one of which is a C&L 73mm MAF. My understanding is that I can just swap the Mustang sensor for the SC one. My question is this, is it worth it?

For now, the car only has a CAI. My plans are- after finishing my tune up (plugs/wires/oil/trans fluid&filter/fuel filter/etc)- to build a cat back exhaust system, 5% pulley and a chip, maybe an IC upgrade or a mister for the stock one, a buddy of mine has one and it works great. I don't want a monster car, just a nice street car with some @ss to it. So is the MAF worth upgrading with this setup in mind as a goal or should I sell it and put the money into the other stuff?

If you had a throttle body and some blower port work then i would say yes.
but you need a tune to make it work correctly. My 76 c@l was off the chart rich without a tune. By itself not worth it if you have other supporting mods then yes.

When you do the exhaust get rid of the resonator and put in a custom y-pipe. Also a free mod port the exhaust manifold collectors there is a casting ring inside and does make a nice extra umph to the car.

Last edited:
If you had a throttle body and some blower port work then i would say yes.
but you need a tune to make it work correctly. My 76 c@l was off the chart rich without a tune. By itself not worth it if you have other supporting mods then yes.

When you do the exhaust get rid of the resonator and put in a custom y-pipe. Also a free mod port the exhaust manifold collectors there is a casting ring inside and does make a nice extra umph to the car.

What if u cut off and pipe the cats and mufflers, and put a nice 2 into 1 flowmasters 3 chanber in place of the res?
Also, finish it off with two nice big chrome tips? I have all but the flowmaster. How do u think it will sound?:rolleyes:

well i have ported manifolds,gutted cat's custom y pipe no resonator and duel flowmaster muff's and love it has a deep throaty sound.

Ok, so I just don't need it. I don't see any blower work happening while this is my daily car. Just basic mods. And thanx for the manifold tip ganuolf.

When I do the exhaust I will likely go catless, swap the resonator for an x-pipe and run true dual 2.5" out. I'll also swap the Flowmasters for Hookers. I've always liked the way they sound better and they flow better.

Back