AC Condenser

Forget the right years but that looks right.

No, it's not an exact fit. Some minor customization required for mounting but no big deal... drilling/ bolts/ spacers. I had to cut and "stretch" the tubing, at inlet/outlet, brazing in another couple inches of copper with couplings. If I'm remembering properly, it was 3/8 nominal and 1/2" OD. Stock condensor was aluminum.

R12 was used before '94, which may be tough to get. R134A for 94/95. Please recover either properly.

R12 was used before '94, which may be tough to get. R134A for 94/95. Please recover either properly.

I completely agree with the recover properly! If anyone wants to open up their A/C, make sure you recover it. The previous owner had mine discharged already, but he took something out and its been open ever since, so need all new A/C components :( Brazing can be done with MAPP gas torch?

how much charge on a shortened condensor

If we have a shortened condensor, do we need to reduce the charge volume of refridgerant?
I have one installed, but not yet charged - we recovered the R12, I have not decided which to re-install, but I do want to determine how much to put in.

Pete

If we have a shortened condensor, do we need to reduce the charge volume of refridgerant?
I have one installed, but not yet charged - we recovered the R12, I have not decided which to re-install, but I do want to determine how much to put in.

Recharge based on pressures, not volume. In the thread for the condensers someone mentioned 1.5lbs of refrigerant to charge his system. But you want to go by the pressures.
http://www.firstfives.org/faq/AC/ac_charge.html

there's a group buy for shorter condensors in the group buy forum. $120 and they work great. Made in the USA. Support our vendors so they keep making stuff for us! Charge the system to 40-45lbs.

Will this A/C Condenser fit? I was told the 86-88 Bronco II and Ford Ranger A/C condensers fit perfectly, and don't cover the I/C. Here's the link. If its legit, it'd be a pretty cheap alternative to stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-RANGER-83-84-85-86-87-88-CONDENSER-AC-NIB-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414f1bf65dQQitemZ280500106845QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3913wt_1118

i have the 88 bronco 2 condenser, i had to make some minors mods on the line side but nothing big. it seems to work better than the oem condenser. keep in mind when filling the system you will need to put slightly less in then before. make sure you vacuum then system before filling. my father so happen to have an evac pump so i lucked out.

i have the 88 bronco 2 condenser, i had to make some minors mods on the line side but nothing big. it seems to work better than the oem condenser. keep in mind when filling the system you will need to put slightly less in then before. make sure you vacuum then system before filling. my father so happen to have an evac pump so i lucked out.

hey do u have any pics of the install !!! and what mods did u make in the line sideto make it work . i want to but this in my sc to !!

I tried to use the bronco condenser and managed to break it when trying to get the connections to line up with the a/c hoses. I found it not a good fit, though granted, they could have sent me a wrong part since I didn't have a bronco to compare it to.

The part available from American Condenser which is made for our cars fit perfectly, and the price is more than reasonable and the performance has been great. This part has been documented in this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105458

I tried to use the bronco condenser and managed to break it when trying to get the connections to line up with the a/c hoses. I found it not a good fit, though granted, they could have sent me a wrong part since I didn't have a bronco to compare it to.

The part available from American Condenser which is made for our cars fit perfectly, and the price is more than reasonable and the performance has been great. This part has been documented in this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105458

x2 No sense mickymousing another application.

Back