PDA

View Full Version : Special on Moates Quarterhorse through July 1st

XR7 Dave
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
For anyone looking to upgrade to the QH, I am offering to install your existing tune on the QH and send it out to you for $275 shipped. Once you have installed the QH into your car you will then be able to purchase and install Binary Editor and the required definition file at your leisure. I will ship the QH with your tune installed and ready to run.

This is a limited time offer which is subject to change without notice.

rzimmerl
05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
You know I'm in for one.

91BLOWNBIRD
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I might have to do this...I'll try to get some $ together.

Does the QH simply monitor everything? or can you actually adjust things for tuning? or am I missing the purpose of the QH?

DrFishbone
05-07-2010, 12:57 PM
For anyone looking to upgrade to the QH, I am offering to install your existing tune on the QH and send it out to you for $275 shipped. Once you have installed the QH into your car you will then be able to purchase and install Binary Editor and the required definition file at your leisure. I will ship the QH with your tune installed and ready to run.

This is a limited time offer which is subject to change without notice.

Dave,

Does this offer apply to a new "mail-order" tune or an tune-transfer only? I'm looking to buy a QH in the near future, but currently am "tuneless".

If it doesn't, can you please PM me a price on a new "mail-order" tune loaded onto a QH? :D

DrFishbone
05-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Does the QH simply monitor everything? or can you actually adjust things for tuning? or am I missing the purpose of the QH?

Both...and more! :D Better catch up on your research so you know what to expect and what else you'll need! :)

91BLOWNBIRD
05-07-2010, 02:50 PM
no kidding...this tuning thing is new to me...everyone talks as if i should know already! I better get on it

TSC89
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Dave,

Does this offer apply to a new "mail-order" tune or an tune-transfer only? I'm looking to buy a QH in the near future, but currently am "tuneless".

If it doesn't, can you please PM me a price on a new "mail-order" tune loaded onto a QH? :D

+1 on this.

Mike8675309
05-07-2010, 03:48 PM
no kidding...this tuning thing is new to me...everyone talks as if i should know already! I better get on it

I wrote up a post a few weeks ago that took a look at why you might buy a quarterhorse.
http://www.midwestthundercats.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10637

91BLOWNBIRD
05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
i'll check it out...thanks

XR7 Dave
05-07-2010, 04:58 PM
This offer is for existing tunes only. I'm basically offering to load your tune for you at more or less no charge (by the time you add in shipping charges from Moates to me to you) if already have a tune. The QH will work in your car as shipped, but you will have to purchase the software from www.eecanalyzer.net and www.sctuning.net to be able to do datalogging or make any changes.

Starter files which will contain your basic configuration so that you can start tuning can be purchased extra, as can full blown tunes with after sale tuning support, but that isn't the focus of this post. Email me for specific details if that is what you require.

Flex
05-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey David,

Sent you a pm dude. Thanks.

90blkbrd
05-16-2010, 07:36 AM
This deal is awesome and I think David had gone off the deepend to make an offer like this. Giving away a tune...what next?

XR7 Dave
05-16-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm not giving away a tune. I'm offering to install your current tune on a QH for you so that you can move your SC into the 21st century. Anyone who has an old fashioned chip in their car should wake up and smell the coffee.

The QH is the single best advancement for the SC - ever. I'm not making any money on this, I'm just trying to get people to wake up and get with the program. So far only a couple people have taken advantage of this. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink......"

nickleman60
05-16-2010, 10:25 AM
How long are you going to offer this Dave? Eventually I'll be getting the Moates QH and a laptop but just not at the current time.

WisSCman
05-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Really wish I would have know this before I spend the 500 bucks on the TwEECer. Waste of money. Thanks again for helping me tune though. Car should be complete in a month or so. See you at a show sometime.

Flex
05-16-2010, 03:53 PM
How long are you going to offer this Dave? Eventually I'll be getting the Moates QH and a laptop but just not at the current time.

Special on Moates Quarterhorse through July 1st

Here you go brotha.

decipha
05-16-2010, 04:05 PM
wow! talk about an enthusiast, that's dedication Dave.

this is a steal for anyone who already has a tune with Dave.

also, if anyone needs a 'mail order' tune this would be the perfect opportunity, for just a few bucks more Dave can have you and your engine happy.

Stupid Canuck
05-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll send an email. Been putting this off, partly because of the transfer of the tune file and the initial learning curve. This is a good start.

XxSlowpokexX
05-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey Dave. I just wanted to let you know Im interested in this. I just need to wait it out till after Carlisle. It would be awfully nice to datalog..Real nice

fturner
05-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Ok, just to sweeten this up a bit more, If you buy the QH through this special, and have Dave let me know you bought it through him on this deal, then I'll offer up the definition file for your car for $25 instead of the usual $35.

Fraser

scxr7
06-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I have two questions. 1: will this work on a 97 tbird v6 eec-v ecu? are these chips limited to which ecu they can work with? such as they can work with a xj23 but not a 34wc ecu? that was just an example, not real ecu numbers.

2nd question: how much will is cost to make the switch over to quarterhorse including the chip, cables and software needed?

I'm deciding on two options, wether to use quarterhorse or megasquirt. for my needs I think a quarterhorse will be fine.

current motor build is a built 3.8 h/c/i/e/supercharger and a 4r70w. does the quarterhorse control the transmission too?

sorry, that was more like 7 questions instead of two. thanks for any replies.

fturner
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
No the QH won't work for you, simply because I haven't bothered building a definition file for those years of TBirds. I tried to stir up some interest over at TCCOA for the QH and basically got told to go away so I did :).

Yes the QH will work in an EEC V, but there is no software that supports your car at this time. You could look at using SCT's XCAL to reflash yours if you wanted.

Fraser

BLOWN38
06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Is there a definition file for a 2003 marauder? BMD0 calibration.

David Neibert
06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Does the QH chip have the cable with switch like SCT for switching between multiple tunes on the chip, or does that have to be done using the BE or other software mentioned earlier in this thread ?

David

DrFishbone
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Does the QH chip have the cable with switch like SCT for switching between multiple tunes on the chip, or does that have to be done using the BE or other software mentioned earlier in this thread ?

David

David,

Moates does offer a rotary switch to switch between tunes. It does require a little soldering, and is $30 extra.

Quarterhorse Rotary Switch (http://www.moates.net/documentation.php?documentation_id=78)

Moates Ford Accessories (http://www.moates.net/index.php?cPath=63)

90blkbrd
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
David,

Moates does offer a rotary switch to switch between tunes. It does require a little soldering, and is $30 extra.

Quarterhorse Rotary Switch (http://www.moates.net/documentation.php?documentation_id=78)

I think that link might be outdated. The QH chip I got had a 4-pin connector already on it. The SCT cable I just sold connected right up to it. (Thus the question in the Members section http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114410 )

I thought I read somewhere where there is issues with the "switching", but that was last year, I hope that would have been corrected by now.

Ira R.
06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
David,

And a little soldering might not be enough. I got the cable thinking it would make things easier and frankly just couldn't keep the switch attached no matter how many times we tried to solder it on. There really isn't a lot of surface area to work with.

Since you are going to have a cable plugged in to the QH tucked away some where anyway it is almost as easy to plug in the laptop and switch tunes as it is to turn the position on a switch. In fact you can store the tunes in BE and just use your laptop to "turn the switch" between tunes. Only takes the time it takes to plug in the laptop and load BE. Really.

I thought it would be a big deal but it turns out to be nothing. Save the extra bucks and buy a few gallons of 100 octane with it :p

Ira

decipha
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Is there a definition file for a 2003 marauder? BMD0 calibration.

i know someone who has one that supports the qh!!!

scxr7
06-03-2010, 06:50 PM
really though? I can't use a quarterhorse on my eec-v? this sucks.

XR7 Dave
06-03-2010, 07:29 PM
If someone has built a definition file, then you can use it. However, an Xcal and Pro Race pac doesn't cost a lot more than the QH by the time you get everything going.

scxr7
06-03-2010, 08:31 PM
CDAN4

CDAN4.xdf

1/23/06

96-97 4.6L Mustang, T-Bird, Crown Vic
96-97 3.8L Mustang

NOTE: This XDF is for “full” binaries. Only 256k 0189 EEC-V files should be used.

scxr7
06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
the difference between the 96 mustang ecu and the 96/97 tbird ecu seems to be the pin locations of some of the sensors. If I change the pinout can a mustang ecu work?

if not, can a 96/97 tbird 4.6 file work with some tweaking?

I know you said qh wont work because no one made any software for my ecu yet. I'm still trying to make this qh work though because its so much cheaper than any other tuning system out there right now. even sct pro race pack is about 400 dollars more.

XR7 Dave
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
The Pro Racer package is worth the difference, trust me. The support and accuracy, not to mention scope of available control with Tuner RT is no where near the level SCT can offer. To me this would be a no-brainer.

fturner
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
the difference between the 96 mustang ecu and the 96/97 tbird ecu seems to be the pin locations of some of the sensors. If I change the pinout can a mustang ecu work?

if not, can a 96/97 tbird 4.6 file work with some tweaking?

I know you said qh wont work because no one made any software for my ecu yet. I'm still trying to make this qh work though because its so much cheaper than any other tuning system out there right now. even sct pro race pack is about 400 dollars more.

You need to reverse engineer the code that is in the EEC in order to build a definition file to work. Just because the pin outs are close doesn't mean the memory addresses for those pin outs are the same and a HUGE boat load of other info.

If I knew there was enough interest to build the CDAN4 definition to cover the tbird's I would do it, but contrary to popular belief by the know it alls :cool:, its a few hundred hours (I've probably got about 1500 hours tied up on the 4 definition files for SC's) of decompiling assembler language programming to work out what the values are so you can use the QH, and frankly, all that time and effort to only sell it for $35 for a couple of people makes it hard to justify the effort.... and as I said, I was told to go away from some of the TCCOA guys so I know I won't have a market there for selling that def.

For the EEC V stuff, I'd recommend the SCT stuff anyway, as its well established. The QH etc is optimal for the EEC IV stuff where SCT and others are weak on. As for the Tweecer stuff.... stay far away from the software, VERY far away.

Fraser

scxr7
06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
thanks for the info, i didnt know there was that much involved. I'll start searching around for used sct units.

Stupid Canuck
06-21-2010, 09:41 PM
tick tock tick tock ...

XR7 Dave
06-21-2010, 09:59 PM
tick tock tick tock ...

:confused:

Did you get yours yet?

Stupid Canuck
06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes, thanks. Not installed yet.

That was just a bump/reminder for others.

Apparently, a new 12" netbook with a dual core N500 and USB 3.0 is coming this July. The Mac Mini won't help too much.

One thing, among many, that I'm unclear on is how to interface with wideband O2 sensor. I do have an Innovate LM-1 that I've used to confirm AFR a few times and a LMA-3 (auxbox) that I never installed when the QH came out. I could use it for the MAP sensor.

XR7 Dave
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM
You can run the LM1 via a serial port adapter on a separate comm port on your netbook, or you can use the analog output to interface to the EGR port on the engine's wiring harness to log actual AFR directly through the QH. If you want to use the LM3 for boost as well as AFR, then you'll have to use a serial adapter.

Unless you wire into the EGR port, you will not really be interfacing at all with the QH. It's BE that accepts both inputs at the same time and combines them into one datalog.

Flip
06-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Sent you an e-mail.

Thanks,
Flip

guitar maestro
06-29-2010, 10:30 AM
No the QH won't work for you, simply because I haven't bothered building a definition file for those years of TBirds. I tried to stir up some interest over at TCCOA for the QH and basically got told to go away so I did :).

Yes the QH will work in an EEC V, but there is no software that supports your car at this time. You could look at using SCT's XCAL to reflash yours if you wanted.

Fraser

I'm looking at all your 27 posts on TCCoA, and not once did I see people shunning you out with regards to the QH. When were you told to "go away"? As a tuning enthusiast myself (own PRP) and the EEC Tuning forum moderator at TCCoA, I've been intrigued by the QH for some time now. I may even jump on this opportunity given that my new engine will require a lot of TLC with regards to initial tuning.

fturner
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm looking at all your 27 posts on TCCoA, and not once did I see people shunning you out with regards to the QH. When were you told to "go away"? As a tuning enthusiast myself (own PRP) and the EEC Tuning forum moderator at TCCoA, I've been intrigued by the QH for some time now. I may even jump on this opportunity given that my new engine will require a lot of TLC with regards to initial tuning.

A couple of pm's from a couple of folks there... something about a vendor just wanting to sell crap etc and not to bother posting again since the tuning area is already covered. Because of that I didn't see the need to develop the LX strats, other than GSALI just happens to cover the 5.0L tbirds.

Fraser

Flip
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Got mine today.
Thanks