Header Flanges

Headers By Ed

HEADERS BY "ED", INC.
Dept. WS
2710 - 16th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407

1-612-729-2802

Monday through Thursday 1:00pm to 5:00pm (Minnesota/CDST time zone)

Expect to see header kits from here REAL soon for our SC's.

I read it too quickly. I thought you managed to get a vendor rounded up to produce a set of headers to compete with Kooks. :p

No...but I did get an experienced vendor to provide design parameters and advice and to produce an all inclusive kit so people can make their own headers instead of having no recourse but to buy Kook's. Details to follow soon in the members forum.

+ 1 on Headers by Ed. Small shop, so phone not always answered, but he's good about e-mail. He has stock flanges that will work, and if he is out he can make some up in a couple days.

Thanks, guys. Ed's header flanges are so expensive. I tried calling B&G, but I can't get ahold of them.

I think you could probably make your own with a cutting torch and drill press. Just an idea. Use an exhaust manifold gasket for a template.

The ports are funny shapes on the factory manifolds and gaskets. I would be nice if i could find some gasket that had concentric holes and were 1.750" or larger.

The ports are funny shapes on the factory manifolds and gaskets. I would be nice if i could find some gasket that had concentric holes and were 1.750" or larger.

Uh, how about Felpro 95528. Do I have to do everything for you these days??? :rolleyes::p

I think it'll be next to a perfect size for these motors. The exhaust port is very short. Regardless of what fuel and AFR you run, the unburnt fuel will cause a flame of several inches throughout the exhaust runner and the length of the header tubing. Since we run AFRs in the 11s, there is a fairly sufficient amount of unburnt fuel moving through the headers. The length of this flame travel will tell you what volume of tubing that should be utilized. The reason I mention that is because the more unburnt fuel you have, the more dense the gas/vapor is inside of the runner/tubes, hence the need for more volume.

I like to over-analyze everything.:)

I got a hold of B&G and they said they don't have any. Didn't even bother elaborating on it, but they told me to call VS Performance. I emailed them and they said they'll check on Monday. The header flanges are $171 (3/8" thickness) for a pair, from Ed.

I also E-Mailed www.decheaders.com. They have square port flanges, so I emailed them to see if they could make round port flanges. I'm not really diggin their style, though.

3-8F.JPG

That doesn't sound all that expensive. What would you expect to pay for 3/8" header flanges for a V6?

It really isn't considering I pay $150 locally to have custom individual flanges laser cut for Pontiacs. I was just looking to see if I could get them cheaper. Tom, at SuperSixMotorsports has them for $75, so I suppose I got lucky.

I didn't intend to put Ed's pricing down. He's about to do something great for the SC community.

I think it'll be next to a perfect size for these motors. The exhaust port is very short. Regardless of what fuel and AFR you run, the unburnt fuel will cause a flame of several inches throughout the exhaust runner and the length of the header tubing. Since we run AFRs in the 11s, there is a fairly sufficient amount of unburnt fuel moving through the headers. The length of this flame travel will tell you what volume of tubing that should be utilized. The reason I mention that is because the more unburnt fuel you have, the more dense the gas/vapor is inside of the runner/tubes, hence the need for more volume.

I like to over-analyze everything.

Back