sc motor mount size I need

hepcat

I am making my own hard rubber motor mounts but. I need the height of the new ones. So if any one has them could you please get a pic of them with a measureing tape and post it. Or if you have new or non collapsed fluid ones.

To explain more just the rubber mount from tip to tip.

Thanks

the stock mount brackets have these safety retainers, the open square part with the metal sticking through, just locate your custom mount in the center of the hole on the original bracket. Using a mount out in the "open" with no weight will allow your engine to hit the hood once installed:D

...the fluid filled ones have a greater difference in height, compressed/uncompressed

where

Dave where are they $20. I have checked my local auto parts and they only have fluid ones . The only place here that I didn't check would be carquest.

First where are those and how hard is the rubber? I can easily make solid hard rubber ones from spring exspanders. I do would like to see the hight still. It is only costing me $10 dollars per side and that's over the price I will pay along with the bolt that is going to go all the way through the new mounts.

Something to think about for when the stock ones go bad and why some newer hard ones go bad as well.

First is how you drive it and brake it. Remember that the engine is just sitting one those mounts and sliding back and forth as well as up and down. Another thing would be the tranny mount. That plays into the effect of the lasting motor mounts.

thanks guys i appriciate the help.

Raymond

what i am going to do

Well first I will look into those cheap $20 motor mount and see how good they are.

Second after I find out the height I will add some hard rubber suspention pieces together and then I will drill a hole through them as well as the braces and have a small rubber piece on and below the the braces to help so it's not all solid and will take a little vibration after I install the big bolt through it all.

After all that I will be somehow installing a brace to help my motor from sliding all arround while breaking or cornering.

Thanks again

Raymond

hey dude if you are replacing your mounts thats a good idea but, you will break them. trust me. I went thru 5 sets of solid rubber mounts plus the stock fluid filled ones. My last pair of solid ones lasted me one month and one trip to the track and they were gone. The last time i shelled out the money to Rich at MN12 performance for his solid rubber mounts. He has been GREAT to conduct business with (very professional and helpful). He claims only two people have returned his mounts and hes sold over five hundred sets.

If your motor is making some serious torque like mine you might want to think about chaining her down like i did. If you want some info or pics of this just email me and ill clue anyone in!

Chrisfixesthings@aol.com

-CHRIS

CARQUEST is the ONLY place I've found that sells SOLID mounts, and there cheaper than Fluid ones!!!! got mine for 38$ each from there

cool

It's funny I check advanced auto parts online and they didn't list there motor mounts. well i guess that can't list everything. I will check with them in person and see how hard of rubber those are because that will make a difference in them tearing.

My goal is going to be 300 rwhp unless I decide to move to the seattle area then I will be keeping this puppy with the stock internals and just bolt on's.

I appricate all the responses and will check into advanced auto parts since they are local here in Lincoln.

thanks again
Raymond

if you are looking for that kinda hps you are going to be making some serious torque too. that means the advance brand is not good enough TRUST ME!! they will break and you will be pissed. just spend the extra money for the ones that mn12 sells!

chris

Back