Connecting rod *HeLp*

my95sn95

I am trying to chase down connecting rod bearings my combo is as follows prefer Canada but willing to deal with anyone who may be able to help me out as I can't seem to. Chase these down
thanks in advance on any help tips or info anyone can toss my way

2000 mustang block~
209/212 cam
Forged pistons
Forged I beam connecting rods
1989~Supercoupe forged ~crank
Porteds heads~
Stock vavles
1.73 roller rockers
9.0.1 compression
Bored 30 over

You can use standard SC bearings. Or you can use a narrowed 351W bearing. Be sure to check clearance at the radius as some bearings will rub unless modified for clearance.

How do you modify them for clearance?
And where can I locate them as I can't seem to find any online
are the sc bearings still available from ford is so does anyone hve a part number

I know most part stores can get you the bearings depending on what was done to the crank.

Autozone carries the reman crank kit that comes with the bearings so they will match up to the crank they send you.

Check the clearances with plastigauge.

I use never dull ( Rubbing compound ) if I need to modify the clearances slightly on the bearings.

The smaller the clearance on the bearings the more oil pressure you will have.

I prefer to setup a clearance / oil pressure on my bearings that will work very well with royal purple 5 or 10/30W Synthetic oil. Just remember you are going to be using a break in oil for the first ~2500 so your oil pressure is going to be high until you break the motor in then once you move to a synthetic thinner oil your pressure will drop.

for stock sc bearings. look at rockauto.com they carry several sizes and brands.

i wouldnt waste the money on stock (from the dealer) ford parts for bearings. get clevite 77 or something like that from aftermarket.

has the crank been cut?

the big end of the rods will most likely be stock size so you will need to look at the crank if its been cut. then get the bearings accordingly.

you can also do this get the rod and torque the cap to it. measure the inside diameter of that.

then measure the outside diameter of the crank journal . take those two measurements and call a bearing manfuacturer.. they are glad to help you out. any will help. sealed power, clevite. anyone.

so i pulled the bearings out and got these numbers / info from the bearings

both are upper/lower bearings from one connecting rod
i assume there clevite 77's cb813 now is the std. standard bearing?
and what does the 4 04 and 5 04 mean and the K and A

k A
clevite clevite
77 77
4 04 5 04
cb831P cb831P

STD. STD

any help would be appriciated

the reason i want this together and back into the car is i got new toys ready and waiting to go
32279_10150202113850393_502185392_12509082_5722554_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back