Bent intake valve, quick question

90coug

I purchased some heads with some bigger valves and well one got bent to all heck. The guy working on my heads wants to find the exact same one to put back in but isn't sure which one it is. This is the info I have

Type= Stainless steel intake valve
Head Diameter = 1.840
Stem Length = 4.910
Stem Diameter = 11/32

I've been told by the guy who I bought the heads from that they are probably a chevy application. Does anyone know what type of valve I'm using or where this old one might have come from?

Many thanks,

-Bryce

Bryce,

Does the valve look like the one in the photo? lol.

I purchased my valves from ProPower Performance Parts in Ft. Lauderdale.
http://www.propowerperf.com

The stainless steel one-piece Ferrea valves I got are 11/32, according to the invoice. Intake part number is FERF5060 (Exhaust FERF5004). They were $8.26 each back in 2005.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• valve and spring.jpg
    valve and spring.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 80
Wow that sucker is really bent! Did that pop a hole in the piston? :eek:

I'll take a look at that site, thanks for the info!

It didn't punch a hole in the piston. When I heard the metal to metal banging, I shut the engine off engine immediately. Thinking the noise might be from the supercharger; I removed the SC belt and bumped the engine over by jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver. That’s when the piston went down, the valve dropped and when the piston tried to come back up it bent the valve into a work of art.

The valve nicked the cylinder wall so the block had to come out and that cylinder was sleeved. The piston looked ok, but I changed it anyway. Had to get a new head too. There were a few good chunks missing around the valve guide. Got two good used heads from an SCCOA member.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Last edited:
Back