Idle Hanging Up w/ New TB

KillSwitchNY

I just installed my professional products 75mm TB on my 95. I followed the instructions and other peoples suggestions on how to set idle.
in neutral, the motor will idle at 700. if i blip the throttle, it will hang up at 1200 for a few seconds and then come back down.

I have set the throttle blade to be as far closed as possible without sticking, tps to .95 volts.... reused the stock IAC and when i went to adjust the idle air screw, the car will run with it full closed, and the idle will increase as i open it. the car will run with the iac plugged or unplugged. I replaced it with a duralast, and the same thing is happening.

Tonight i accidentally left the plug off the IAC and started the car, it sounded like it wanted to stall, and eventually did after a few secs. Then i pluged it back in and the same bull is happeneing again, its acting like the iac isnt even there when i unplug it.

So i did a test and just left it unplugged and closed the idle screw all the way.
Now i can rev it up and it will come back to idle like normal, but while driving it will hesitate when gassing it off closed throttle.

sorry for the long description. please help.

I just installed my professional products 75mm TB on my 95. I followed the instructions and other peoples suggestions on how to set idle.
in neutral, the motor will idle at 700. if i blip the throttle, it will hang up at 1200 for a few seconds and then come back down.

I have set the throttle blade to be as far closed as possible without sticking, tps to .95 volts.... reused the stock IAC and when i went to adjust the idle air screw, the car will run with it full closed, and the idle will increase as i open it. the car will run with the iac plugged or unplugged. I replaced it with a duralast, and the same thing is happening.

Tonight i accidentally left the plug off the IAC and started the car, it sounded like it wanted to stall, and eventually did after a few secs. Then i pluged it back in and the same bull is happeneing again, its acting like the iac isnt even there when i unplug it.

So i did a test and just left it unplugged and closed the idle screw all the way.
Now i can rev it up and it will come back to idle like normal, but while driving it will hesitate when gassing it off closed throttle.

sorry for the long description. please help.

After you have the TB set properly,TP voltage looks good @.95, try disconnecting battery for 5 mins{Unhook Neg cable} this will clear the ECU adaptive idle stategy. Rehook the battery, start engine and hold RPM's at 2,000 for 2 mins. Allow eng to return to idle, then do a quick WOT. See if that doesn't cure the problem before you beat yourself up.

So, is our IAC valves supposed to be the all black and plastic ones, or is it cast aluminum? the one i took off the car was all black and plastic, but when i went to autozone, one of them was the same as mine and one was cast aluminum...

rock auto also shows a picture of a motorcraft one for my year car as the aluminum body one. :confused: do i have the wrong IAC on my car?

im attempting the hold idle at 2k and what not it doesnt seem to be working. And when i have the idle screw all the way closed, the car will idle at around 800. if i open it at all, it starts climbing up much higher than normal. and like i said, only when i have the IAC unplugged does it rev up and smoothly come back to idle with no hanging up issue. :confused::confused::confused:

Try to blow through the IAC. If it doesn't leak then it's probably fine. You have an air leak somewhere that you'll have to fix. It may or may not be TB related. Worst case, stick your stocker back on and make sure that it idles ok that way.

So, is our IAC valves supposed to be the all black and plastic ones, or is it cast aluminum? the one i took off the car was all black and plastic, but when i went to autozone, one of them was the same as mine and one was cast aluminum...

rock auto also shows a picture of a motorcraft one for my year car as the aluminum body one. :confused: do i have the wrong IAC on my car?

im attempting the hold idle at 2k and what not it doesnt seem to be working. And when i have the idle screw all the way closed, the car will idle at around 800. if i open it at all, it starts climbing up much higher than normal. and like i said, only when i have the IAC unplugged does it rev up and smoothly come back to idle with no hanging up issue. :confused::confused::confused:

The IAC should be the black one. The part number is posted on this site as E9se-9f715-eb.

My car is a 5 speed and I have the PP TB Band. It's sitting in my tool box. I installed it two years ago, had the same issue, and never put it back on. I said I'll play with it more when I have more time. So far that hasen't happened :eek:.

i had an issue with mine hanging up omost the same..

come to find out the spring wasnt returning it right away.

i wrapped the spring 1 more time and seems to be good now..

maybe this could solve your issue!

Back