1 3/8' Sway bar brackets?

Boostman23

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the bigger bracket required to go over these monster sway bars? It seems once I finally got my sway bars in from SCPerformance.com,:mad:, the brackets must have fallen out over the 4+ month delivery time! I just need the backet that holds the sway bars on, and that goes over the bushings.

I just dont even want to call them, as they are horrible to deal with!

Thanks in advance

I believe people have been modifying the stock brackets in the rear. They simply flatten the curved part out a little to fit over the poly bushings.

There was a writeup somewhere on this. Check the stuff over at TCCoA.

Copied this from the Rear Sway Bar Install Procedure over at TCCoA

Step Four:
NOTE: This step is only necessary with the 1 3/8" kit.
You need one of the new 1 3/8" sway bar bushing and the two old sway bar frame brackets for this step. It will be necessary for you to spread open the stock brackets far enough so that they accept the 1 3/8" bushings. An easy way to do this is use the corner of a 4x4 or larger piece of wood. Place one of the two brackets as shown in the pic below and hit the rounded part of the bracket with the hammer to slightly spread open the bracket. Use the new bushing to test to see if the bracket has been opened up enough to accept the bushing. Keep testing the fit as you slowly open up the bracket until the bushing fits properly. Repeat this step for the remaining bracket.

Thanks!

I ran across that last night. I guess I just didnt hit the damn bracket enough to get it to fit. I'l lsee what happens tonight.

Back