PDA

View Full Version : timing cover for 90 SC

JDC
05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey guys I live in Orlando and I was wondering if anybody has a timing cover for a 90SC.I was taking mine off and I thought I saw all the nuts and bolts but there is a small black allen head bolt on the bottom drivers side that hides behind the oil pan gasket and lots of dirt.Its just the corner,right through the bolt hole.Has anybody ever used JB Weld or can it be welded back together??Has anybody got any idea how much a used timing cover will cost?If anybody can help I would appreciate it.Thanks,JDC

Pablo94SC
05-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey guys I live in Orlando and I was wondering if anybody has a timing cover for a 90SC.I was taking mine off and I thought I saw all the nuts and bolts but there is a small black allen head bolt on the bottom drivers side that hides behind the oil pan gasket and lots of dirt.Its just the corner,right through the bolt hole.Has anybody ever used JB Weld or can it be welded back together??Has anybody got any idea how much a used timing cover will cost?If anybody can help I would appreciate it.Thanks,JDC

Shot you a PM about the one I have. Let me know what you think cause I have no need for an early model cover.

SuperChicken89
05-12-2010, 07:53 AM
JD

I should have a good one still attached to my spare 90 SC engine. Contact me through PM and we'll work spmething out.

Bryan

JDC
05-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey guys when I was taking off the timing chain cover some of the RVT or gasket came off can I put RVT or I'm I going to have to replace the oil pan gasket.? It was about 40 to 50% came off.Thanks JDC

the-big-e
05-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Clean it up real good....

Then re-seal it with RTV....

JDC
05-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Thakns guys I was sweating bullits but agin you guys come thoughthanks. JDC

thundermax
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I had one break on me in the corner with that hex bolt; I ended up using a lot of copper rtv in that corner and it sealed up fine and didn't leak.

JDC
05-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Yea that where mine broke. Ihope that I can get timing cover it looks like can but if I can't I'll give it a try.Thanks JDC

Super95
07-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a 95 and i just did the same thing. If anyone knows where I can get a used/new timing cover please let me know.

HunterJessen@gmail.com

SuperChicken89
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a 95 and i just did the same thing. If anyone knows where I can get a used/new timing cover please let me know.

HunterJessen@gmail.com

All I can recomend is to post your request in the "Want to Buy" forum.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Good Luck

Bryan