PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger porting/powdercoating Rotor recoating

minichopper6hp
05-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey i just joined to see if anyone is interested in m90 porting/powdercoating or having their rotors re coated. I have done countless m90's and people have been very satisfied with my results.

Also here is some pics of my work:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/silver.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/m904.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01676.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01637.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01678.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01684.jpg

Pricing:

Rotor re coating $80
Re coating w/ bearing and standard seal replacement $150, upgraded seals $50 more.
Porting work on m90 starting at $100 for outlet machining, combine inlet porting $200.
M90 rebuilding services offered as well, ask about special pricing w/ combo deal.
Powdercoating services offered, depends on piece, starting at $50.

Any questions just contact me and we will work out pricing!

All prices do not include shipping, you will be responsible for shipping to and from me. Thanks!

minichopper6hp
05-12-2010, 04:00 AM
I do rebuilding as well, and my prices are VERY reasonable. Best way to contact me if interested is minichopper6hp@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Logan

RedSC93
05-12-2010, 05:58 AM
What are your prices and where are you located?

Thanks,
Jerry

rlittlep
05-12-2010, 06:37 AM
I do rebuilding as well, and my prices are VERY reasonable. Best way to contact me if interested is minichopper6hp@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Logan

Interested also, where are you located?

minichopper6hp
05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Orlando, FL. Customers normally ship me their blowers via UPS. My prices vary on how much work you have done i usually give discounts the more you get done at once. You will have to PM or email me for the work you want done and we will go from there.

Thanks,
Logan

minichopper6hp
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Just some more of my work:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/0508102151-00.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/0502101248-00.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC02189.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC02191.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/m901.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01688.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01683.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/minichopper6hp/DSC01673.jpg

minichopper6hp
05-13-2010, 02:30 PM
To the top

XxSlowpokexX
05-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Logan,

I'd reccomend taking a look at an S ported 94-95 and earlier ported 89-93 SC M90. Although the outlets may be sim the inlets require different attention than what yoru used to.

Also how do you recoat the rotors?

Damon

minichopper6hp
05-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Im aware that the inlets are different, im in the works with that. I use an epoxy powder coat that is superior to the factory coated gtp rotors. I have done dozens on the gm ones and generally see a 1.5psi increase.

baer198
05-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice work... How long would the rotor coating last?

minichopper6hp
05-14-2010, 01:24 PM
It is supposed to be a lifetime coating. It will not peel or flake off like the factory gtp coating.

Surgin
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Coated rotors looks good, sounds good, but still no prices are posted.

Justin

minichopper6hp
05-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Im in the works with a member on here for porting to gauge prices, depends on the amount of time it takes to port them. For the coated rotors though, it would be the same amount of work so rotors are $80.

Thanks and if interested just email me.

baer198
05-14-2010, 09:05 PM
What would be the normal turn around on the rotors , if your not backed up.... would it be OK to get a signature on the received item if i ship it UPS , just so i know you have it, and its not lost lol ? I need a few items powder coated over time as I rebuild my sc , and your work looks great ....

minichopper6hp
05-14-2010, 10:13 PM
If i receive the rotors around 5pm (generally when ups man comes), i can have them ready for shipment by around the same time the next day.

Ups requires signatures on all packages, so you will know when its delivered. Trust me, i send ALOT of stuff in the mail.

Thanks for the nice comments!!

Flex
05-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Are the GTP rotors also teflon coated from the factory like the SC Eaton M90? Do you remove the rotors and coat them then re-assemble?

minichopper6hp
05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
The gtp rotors are coated from the factory with epoxy paint. I disassemble the rotor pack, strip the coating, blast the rotors, apply my epoxy powdercoat. I then inspect the bearings and seals (usually good) and re assemble and then time the rotors with precision measuring setup.

minichopper6hp
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Back to the top

Regul8r
05-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Back to the top

I have a 94 M90 with peeling/chipping rotors
Send the M90 and plenum to you...

Port the M90(plenum too?)
Powder coat both, bright red?
Recoat rotors.
Check/reseal, bearings, coupler?

Total price?

Will also send the 10% pulley I have for the rebuild.

Shoot me a PM

minichopper6hp
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
PM sent......

minichopper6hp
06-10-2010, 11:16 AM
No one?.....

mikedenton49
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
I like the cut of your jib. I would like to get a gen II m90 to you for an "s" port, rotors and a stock finish. As well as a good inspection of internals. I'm thinking within the month I can get it headed your way. Quote?

Thanks,
mike

Regul8r
06-10-2010, 08:55 PM
No one?.....

Got your pm and prices.

Will be contacting you next week.

Recoat rotors, port 94 M90 and plenum, re-seal, new bearings, coupler and then powder coat the whole thing Red.

I need to get an upper and lower tube along with a top so you can powder coat the whole thing!

minichopper6hp
06-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Sent you a PM mike.

Reg... looking forward to it!!

minichopper6hp
06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Bump..............................

minichopper6hp
06-29-2010, 03:06 PM
To The Top

Regul8r
06-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Money, vacation and IMMEDIATE issues I need to take care of before I head to JRTC in preparation for deployment first.

YOU WILL be getting all the stuff I talked about for a full powder coat etc so I have the parts to put on when I get back and do my build!

When that happens... no pressure on time as I will be gone for a year!! yuck!

minichopper6hp
06-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Ok... ill be here!!!

fturner
06-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Out of curiosity, has the coating you use been tested with rotors that are spun up to 17000+ rpms with temperatures getting close to 400F.

A stock pullied SC will see about 14500 rpm's, but with the MPX setup some guys are OD'ing over 25%, and so far we haven't seen any coatings last that long with those rpm's and temps.

Fraser

old_coot
06-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Out of curiosity, has the coating you use been tested with rotors that are spun up to 17000+ rpms with temperatures getting close to 400F.

A stock pullied SC will see about 14500 rpm's, but with the MPX setup some guys are OD'ing over 25%, and so far we haven't seen any coatings last that long with those rpm's and temps.

Fraser

What he said....I'd be very interested in getting a set coated...I have several sets of uncoated rotors now...are they any different? will the coating not make them bind?............Dan

minichopper6hp
06-30-2010, 02:37 PM

Fraser

The coating i use is a high temp epoxy powdercoat, rated for 1200*F. The coating has been tested on customers cars on the gm version (same blower basically) with no issues. This coating does not come off very easily at all. Actually, because of the prep work done, its extremely difficult to come off. So i would not be worried about it flaking or anything to that nature. Like all other coatings, it can be scratched but only if you are not careful on the assembly. It is best to send your case so it can be matched but most of the time they are fine when fitted and timed onto a case of mine.

For the other question of putting on un coated rotors, i would not see an issue with it, to my knowledge they are the same diameter and spec rotor, just with no coating to take up the clearance. They still had to allow clearance for rotor to bore and i would not think that it would be different size for the coated sets, would make no sense to take off material and add it only to be at the same place you started. The whole premise is to take up the most gap you can between rotor to bore.

Hope that clears some questions up!!

kpoindex08
07-03-2010, 05:56 PM
bump! dont lose this!!

rlittlep
07-03-2010, 06:23 PM
bump! dont lose this!!

Just subscribe to this thread. Actually you did by posting on it.

madebyme
08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
PM sent... let me know

BirdofPrey97
08-04-2010, 09:08 AM
The clearance on the rotor packs in the MPX cases is tighter than a stock M90 case. From what I have read and seen there hasn't been any coating that will stand up to the MPX case due to clearance and rpms more than temp issues.

S_Mazza
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Minichopper, I sent you a PM a while back. If you are around, let me know if you got it. Thanks.

S_Mazza
08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Has anyone heard from this guy, or did he disappear?

Flip
08-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Money, vacation and IMMEDIATE issues I need to take care of before I head to JRTC in preparation for deployment first.

from a couple months ago, might be gone.

Flip

S_Mazza
08-16-2010, 07:46 PM

from a couple months ago, might be gone.

Flip

Hmm, I see what you're thinking. But that was Regul8r's post, not minichopper6hp's. I wonder.

minichopper6hp
05-19-2012, 10:50 PM
bump..........

davec73
05-19-2012, 11:16 PM
The coating i use is a high temp epoxy powdercoat, rated for 1200*F. The coating has been tested on customers cars on the gm version (same blower basically) with no issues. This coating does not come off very easily at all. Actually, because of the prep work done, its extremely difficult to come off. So i would not be worried about it flaking or anything to that nature. Like all other coatings, it can be scratched but only if you are not careful on the assembly. It is best to send your case so it can be matched but most of the time they are fine when fitted and timed onto a case of mine.

For the other question of putting on un coated rotors, i would not see an issue with it, to my knowledge they are the same diameter and spec rotor, just with no coating to take up the clearance. They still had to allow clearance for rotor to bore and i would not think that it would be different size for the coated sets, would make no sense to take off material and add it only to be at the same place you started. The whole premise is to take up the most gap you can between rotor to bore.

Hope that clears some questions up!!

Sounds like a good Idea but keep in mind Grand prix m90s dont turn near the rpms that the m90s overdriven on an sc do. I am putting my mpx together with a set of Gen V m90 rotors as we speak. if any coating will stay on the rotors the gen V coating should. Do you seperate the rotor pack from the bearing plate and put new bearings in and re time the rotors or do you just tape them off scuff the rotors and powder coat them?

minichopper6hp
05-20-2012, 03:09 PM
The m90s i do work on are not stock. The pulley size has been drastically reduced from stock to put out more boost. The rotor pack is completely dismantled, bearings and seals replaced upon request at additional cost. The rotors are blasted, coated and re assembled and checked for clearance on the housing. Gen v coating is better, its more of an abradable coating, but i have seen first hand eaton did not blast the rotors before coating and it too is susceptible to flaking off if it gets a chip started in it.

davec73
05-20-2012, 03:18 PM
The m90s i do work on are not stock. The pulley size has been drastically reduced from stock to put out more boost. The rotor pack is completely dismantled, bearings and seals replaced upon request at additional cost. The rotors are blasted, coated and re assembled and checked for clearance on the housing. Gen v coating is better, its more of an abradable coating, but i have seen first hand eaton did not blast the rotors before coating and it too is susceptible to flaking off if it gets a chip started in it.

The coating on a Gen V is soft it doesnt chip. The stock pulley size on a tbird is 3.o which is a severe drop on a grand prix infact very few guys go that low. When these guys talk in percentage they mean it a 10% pulley is like a 2.8 on a gp in addition these guys are over driving the crank and the jackshaft pulley that leads to the blower spinning it 10s of thousands of rpms I would be willing to have you rebuild a set for me for my 95 ported supercharger if the price is right. just pm me and let me know prices

BirdofPrey97
05-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Dave if the coating holds up in your MPX case let me know. :D

davec73
05-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Dave if the coating holds up in your MPX case let me know. :D

Todd
I am not putting it in my MPX I am having a set of GenV M90 rotors out of an 07 GTP put in it but I would be willing to take the ported 95 I have with mp inlet apart and post up results for everyone to see. This is a service that all of us need because most of the m90 superchargers I have had on all 5 cars the rotors are worn out at the bearing plate and the coating is blowing off of the rotors. He uses the same powder coat I am using on my long tube kooks to coat the rotors and it sounds like it would work perfect because of the heat resistance and may even make the rotors more efficiant and expel more heat. I am looking forward to having this done but I also want mine pulled apart and new bearings and seals put in the bearing plate. I will update the results when we get this done!

David

nmcbchief
05-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Most powder coating paint cures @ 400F so it will take heat in that range repeatedly and even a little higher. I don't see a need in using the more expensive 1300F paint on them as long as the pretreatment is done correctly and not just talking about blasting them. I would like to see a set that has a couple of thousand miles on them.

S_Mazza
05-21-2012, 10:24 AM
This service sounds great. The important thing here would be price. The reason is that ESM has been rebuilding and recoating rotor packs for years and years. So this is not exactly a new thing. It is just that, until recently, it was cheaper to buy a low-mileage GM blower and switch the rotors.

What changed is that, now, those low-mileage GM blowers are pretty much dried up. The Gen V blowers are still available in good condition, but their bearing plates are different and the rotor packs do not interchange.

I think most of us are having a hard time swallowing the price of an ESM rebuild, but it seems reasonable given the amount of work, special tools, and the cost of a Magnuson rebuild. The question is, can this guy beat it?

One minor sub-question is, where did he go for 21 months? Seriously.

minichopper6hp
05-21-2012, 04:27 PM
This service sounds great. The important thing here would be price. The reason is that ESM has been rebuilding and recoating rotor packs for years and years. So this is not exactly a new thing. It is just that, until recently, it was cheaper to buy a low-mileage GM blower and switch the rotors.

What changed is that, now, those low-mileage GM blowers are pretty much dried up. The Gen V blowers are still available in good condition, but their bearing plates are different and the rotor packs do not interchange.

I think most of us are having a hard time swallowing the price of an ESM rebuild, but it seems reasonable given the amount of work, special tools, and the cost of a Magnuson rebuild. The question is, can this guy beat it?

One minor sub-question is, where did he go for 21 months? Seriously.

The simple answer to your question is i finished school, started a family and switched jobs. :)

But yes, the coating service i offer for the price is the best i believe and it is alot of work. One thing to keep in mind is that i still do this on my spare time so if you need something right away, this may not be for you. I do this after work at my full time job so it might take a week to get it done, maybe less just a heads up so no unreasonable expectations are made, i am not a business. Thanks!

minichopper6hp
05-28-2012, 04:55 PM
To the top. Added some prices at the OP.

XR7 Dave
05-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Is the seal you use in the rebuild process a double lip, 2-way seal or is it intended only to seal one way (like the snout seal, for example)?

minichopper6hp
05-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Is the seal you use in the rebuild process a double lip, 2-way seal or is it intended only to seal one way (like the snout seal, for example)?

Its a double lip seal.

S_Mazza
05-28-2012, 08:44 PM
The simple answer to your question is i finished school, started a family and switched jobs. :)

Hmm, I can understand that. Just as long as you don't move to another continent or something. ;)

Thanks for the price list, that helps.

A couple more questions for you.

1.) Do you have any references in terms of durability? Any satisfied customers running around?

2.) Do you have a good method for retaining the new bearings? I know the OEM method is one-time-only.

davec73
05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Hmm, I can understand that. Just as long as you don't move to another continent or something. ;)

Thanks for the price list, that helps.

A couple more questions for you.

1.) Do you have any references in terms of durability? Any satisfied customers running around?

2.) Do you have a good method for retaining the new bearings? I know the OEM method is one-time-only.

He is doing a set for me right now and as for a bearing and seal supplier I even have one not that hard to find. Motion industries out of Paducah Ky got me all the bearings I needed to rebuild my supercharger snout and the seal the same day for $23. They take the inner and outer circumfrance mic it and get the correct bearing type every time. Bonus they are made in the good old USA! I will leave feedback good or bad when I get mine back, he was going to finish mine today but ran into a hang up so I have to send another set to complete it, hope to get it back to take to stl on June 5

minichopper6hp
05-28-2012, 11:48 PM
He is doing a set for me right now and as for a bearing and seal supplier I even have one not that hard to find. Motion industries out of Paducah Ky got me all the bearings I needed to rebuild my supercharger snout and the seal the same day for $23. They take the inner and outer circumfrance mic it and get the correct bearing type every time. Bonus they are made in the good old USA! I will leave feedback good or bad when I get mine back, he was going to finish mine today but ran into a hang up so I have to send another set to complete it, hope to get it back to take to stl on June 5

I hope so too, the bearings should be here in a couple days so when you get those rotors sent it can go together quickly.

Mazza, mostly gm crowd, there is a few although not in touch. I myself obviously a few years now doing 90 miles a day 5 times a week and going strong. The coating works. And for the price, really cannot be beat.

davec73
05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I will have the rotor pack out in the morning but I really need pics of the bad ones so I can show everyone what degreasing your rotors is good for

XR7 Dave
05-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Its a double lip seal. Perhaps you didn't understand my question. Is it designed to hold pressure from both directions? People typically use a double lip seal on the snout too, but it still is only designed to seal from one direction. The seal inside the bearing plate needs to seal from pressure on both sides, one to keep pressure out of the snout, one to keep oil from getting into the rotors. I know this has been a problem in the past with rebuilt rotor packs/bearing plates.

S_Mazza
05-29-2012, 10:13 AM
The OEM type seals are apparently now available from somebody, but ... they aren't cheap.

https://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_15&products_id=66

minichopper6hp
05-29-2012, 03:05 PM
The OEM type seals are apparently now available from somebody, but ... they aren't cheap.

https://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_15&products_id=66

RIght. The part numbers they have listed for the seals on websites and what people have sent me before in the past have been typically the single lip seal. Im not sure how much pressure is actually present at the rotor shaft. All i can say at this point is that those seals are too expensive to be a viable replacement. Once question to ask is it really even worth it at that point if there is no evidence of them leaking to begin with?

S_Mazza
05-29-2012, 03:34 PM
RIght. The part numbers they have listed for the seals on websites and what people have sent me before in the past have been typically the single lip seal. Im not sure how much pressure is actually present at the rotor shaft. All i can say at this point is that those seals are too expensive to be a viable replacement. Once question to ask is it really even worth it at that point if there is no evidence of them leaking to begin with?

I have had the original seals go bad on at least one blower. There was obvious leakage where the oil got sucked from the snout past the seals and into the rotors. Put it this way. If I sent my rotors to you, I would gladly pay another $50 to get the rotor bearings and seals put 100% right.

davec73
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Eaton m90 sc on the tbird ar capable of producing far more than 17psi of boost which is what the standard replacement seal will do. If the information on the site is correct the double lip teflon seal they are offering will hold up to 90 ps! Imo if this is correct it should eliminate snot pressurization so I am goint to order some and see.

minichopper6hp
05-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I have had the original seals go bad on at least one blower. There was obvious leakage where the oil got sucked from the snout past the seals and into the rotors. Put it this way. If I sent my rotors to you, I would gladly pay another $50 to get the rotor bearings and seals put 100% right.

Right. And when requested i will gladly install those seals. Until now i did not even know those seals were available and im sure neither did anyone else. Either way i agree 100% with you on the correct seal if people want to pay for the additional cost then i will keep that option available for them. Thanks for the input!

minichopper6hp
05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Updated pricing on these new seals for the rotors.

davec73
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
I ordered 2 sets today!

davec73
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Well guys I got my rotors back from logan and they look and work great! The coating looks great used the ptfe seals good up to 90 psi and new bearings. It pushes around 17 psi and runs as smoth as a new one. the 17 psi # is on my car with stock heads, mp inlet, ported blower, intake, intake plenem, 95 manifolds and a 2.5 to 3 to 2.5 exhaust so it has all but headers and heads ported pushing 17 psi and maybe more but i didnt want to push it more than 5000 in fear of lifting the heads. Here are the pics, thanks again Logan!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/thunder71173/rotors3.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/thunder71173/rotors-1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/thunder71173/rotors2.jpg

minichopper6hp
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
To the top!

JeepsterSC
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Do you replace the rotor pack bearings when you do a rebuild?

davec73
07-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Do you replace the rotor pack bearings when you do a rebuild?

Yes the bearings and seals in the bearing plate are replaced and the rotors are coated and re timed it is a true rebuild of an m90 rotor pack and they work very well!

minichopper6hp
07-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Bump. I have one rotor pack ready to go with a polished bearing plate for sale or as a core either way. $250 shipped and you can have it out right or $165 shipped with a core return you pay core shipping. Pics soon.

minichopper6hp
07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
bump. any interest?

davec73
07-21-2012, 11:46 AM
this is the real deal guys if you have a rattle in your supercharger or just high mileage and low boost i highly recommend him for getting your rotor pack rebuilt. Even if you dont want the rotors coated it is worth it just to have new bearings and seals put in the rotor pack. With the upgraded ptfe seals you get 0 snout pressure! they are good up to 90 psi and the stockers are only good to about 17 if that.

BLOWN38
07-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd snatch em up if I knew if my MP3 case could be fixed. So I'll just have to wait.

minichopper6hp
07-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Here are the pics:

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i440/gtp9145/DSC04375.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i440/gtp9145/DSC04374.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i440/gtp9145/DSC04373.jpg
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i440/gtp9145/DSC04376.jpg

Dono
08-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I emailed and pm'd minichopper on this. I'd like to try out his rebuilt and coated rotors.
This looks excellent. Tightening up the tolerances between rotors and case seems to be the key.

davec73
08-01-2012, 06:20 PM
He has a set ready I believe he does excellent work!

minichopper6hp
08-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Bump ready for orders!

minichopper6hp
08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Finished up this sc it got the works done to it, port outlet, fully rebuilt new seals, bearings, rotor pack re coated and new seals/bearings there as well. Enjoy!

minichopper6hp
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
to the top!!!

NorthrnSCownr
08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Is that an early or late model SC?

I just wanted to verify that the snout bearings were replaced too. Thanks

minichopper6hp
08-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Is that an early or late model SC?

I just wanted to verify that the snout bearings were replaced too. Thanks

Early... everything including snout bearings were replaced.

NorthrnSCownr
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Ok thanks. I'm looking for a late model SC.

Plat0ribs
08-16-2012, 04:55 PM
minichopper6hp,

Kindly provide me with a PM:quote for duplicating the "full boat" job above on my SCer.

Is that rebuilt rotor pack still available for $165 w/core?

Also if you have the capability to estimate the shipping from 60107 round trip.

minichopper6hp
08-16-2012, 07:07 PM
pm sent....

minichopper6hp
08-21-2012, 05:51 PM
to the top. all pm's replied to!

davec73
08-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Just a little slow around here right now with everyone getting ready for the shootout!

Silver R
08-22-2012, 04:18 PM
You Have PM..

minichopper6hp
08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Replied!!!!

minichopper6hp
09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
To the top!!!!!!!!!!

90sc35thann
09-17-2012, 08:41 PM
To the top!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 94 supercharger. How much to port the inlet plenum, port the supercharger inlet and outlet, coat the rotors, and rebuild with new bearings?

superdadsc
09-18-2012, 06:30 AM
SC is on the way. Should be there soon. The SC was previously rebuilt but anything that needs to be done please do. Wanted to post this on the forum though this was talked about in our PM's.

I love this guy!:eek:
Let's PC it black while you are at it!:D

Stephen

skydivr7673
09-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Please PM with quote--

95 blower and plenum, stock and never opened as far as I know. 106K on it. Would like powdercoat black, ported, and rotors coated. Replace the bearings and seals too--and yes, I would like the PTFE seals.

Have a second 95 blower, would like a quote on too--powdercoat black, coated rotors, and new bearings/seals, but no porting work on this one. Please PM, thanks!

minichopper6hp
09-18-2012, 09:16 PM
All PM's replied to!

minichopper6hp
09-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Just bumping this thread!:D

Dono
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Anyone spray water/meth on the coating?
In my setup (On my ford explorer) I can't use an intercooler. Im almost ready to turn on water/meth injection as an alternative cooling method.

Im hoping that this coating doesn't break down with a meth mixture spraying thru it.

superdadsc
11-27-2012, 04:32 PM
He is no longer doing this as work took time from his side business. I sent him a blower to be ported and coated, he had it for over a month and then sent it back.

Looks like he would have done a good job......but

Dono
11-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Too bad,

Thanks for posting.

TBird666
12-07-2012, 04:26 AM
If its still a possibility, i have a 94 supercharger with a rattle. It would be nice to get it, and the plenums ported and coated all at the same time. If you still feel like doing some work, i think it could help a community that's in dire need of a cheaper alternative. -Tom

minichopper6hp
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
To the top.

Dono
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
My SC is on the way back. The transaction has been fantastic. Logan did the full meal deal ( bearings. heavy duty seals, coated rotors, and porting) on my early M90. I'm interested to see how the inlet can be opened up gently. I just don't have the skill or equipment for that.

So far, id recommend his service without hesitation. Just remember that due to parts ordering and available time you must be prepared to wait. I'm guessing express service would be difficult for him to do.

jasond
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
ok, so he is still doing work or not?

Dono
01-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I would say contact him and see if he has the time.
He is still dabbling in the rebuilds, for sure.

I'm pretty happy that he was able to process mine. Time line was 3 weeks to month for me. As far as I'm concerned, that's pretty fast.

minichopper6hp
01-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks Don.

As far as me still doing these, yes. I have settled in my new position at my job. That being said, i am not able to work on things every day after work like i used to. I sometimes work on the weekends. With Don's build, the holidays really set me back as i will not work on Christmas, new years etc. That makes the lead time a little longer. I actually just got 3 more chargers in the mail today, some m62's that i am doing for someone.

Thanks!
Logan

minichopper6hp
01-21-2013, 08:21 PM
To the top.:)

minichopper6hp
01-27-2013, 10:57 PM
To the top! Accepting orders :)

Dono
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I took mt M90 case in to a local shop for polishing, and I covered the rotors very well. What I didn't do is cover the gear side of the rotor pack. So, the polishing guy was not careful at all and my rotor pack came back with polishing compound all but seizing the rotors. Not good.

I sent the rotor pack, and case to Logan for him to fix it up. PTFE seals, etc.
I rebuilt the snout myself, and have not re-installed the snout to the case. Im just waiting on warmer weather to install the M90 and spin it up.

First thing you will notice is the silencer holes are filled. Logan assured me he has never had an issue, as he is very careful to prep the surfaces first to make sure that it will not come apart.

Once the warmer weather hits, I'll post a review. I'll first install with the factory sized pulley, then a 2.8" pulley. Here's a few pics of Logan's handiwork. Definitely some labor went in to this.

kenewagner
01-30-2013, 02:51 PM
First thing you will notice is the silencer holes are filled. Logan assured me he has never had an issue, as he is very careful to prep the surfaces first to make sure that it will not come apart.

Its not the best idea filling the silencer holes. Welding them shut can wrap a case but is a sure fix for closing them. Using an alum epoxy, which I use all the time for other things, is not what I would think is a good idea. It has its limitations. That blower case is going to heat up pretty good and the expansion rate of the epoxy and the expansion rate of the blower case are likely two diffrent animals. Basicly heating up and cooling over a period of time and being subjected to pressure I would expect the plugs to pop out. Most discussion here on the SCCoA lean more toward plugging them does nothing for performance and questionable on increasing the blower whine. With luck they just end up in your IC and pieces dont make it into your engine. This is my opinion, hope your blower works for you and nothing happens like that.

Ken

minichopper6hp
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks Don!

Dono
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
You and me(And Logan) both Ken!
Logan is 100% certain there will be no issues, otherwise he wouldn't have done it.

More to come on performance.

Dono
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Not to make the hair rise on the back of your neck Ken, but no IC in my config.
I'm using Water/Meth to cool as there's no room under the hood for an intercooler in my config. Id need to cut up my hood, or do a body lift (Ford Explorer).

kenewagner
01-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Not to make the hair rise on the back of your neck Ken, but no IC in my config.
I'm using Water/Meth to cool as there's no room under the hood for an intercooler in my config. Id need to cut up my hood, or do a body lift (Ford Explorer).

No hair rise on my neck, not my car:rolleyes: Like I said, I hope it all works well for you

Ken

davec73
01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Its not the best idea filling the silencer holes. Welding them shut can wrap a case but is a sure fix for closing them. Using an alum epoxy, which I use all the time for other things, is not what I would think is a good idea. It has its limitations. That blower case is going to heat up pretty good and the expansion rate of the epoxy and the expansion rate of the blower case are likely two diffrent animals. Basicly heating up and cooling over a period of time and being subjected to pressure I would expect the plugs to pop out. Most discussion here on the SCCoA lean more toward plugging them does nothing for performance and questionable on increasing the blower whine. With luck they just end up in your IC and pieces dont make it into your engine. This is my opinion, hope your blower works for you and nothing happens like that.

KenI epoxied the ports shut on one of my gtp blowers and it came loose and destroyed the blower, from experience its not a good idea and doesnt make that much difference

davec73
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
I took mt M90 case in to a local shop for polishing, and I covered the rotors very well. What I didn't do is cover the gear side of the rotor pack. So, the polishing guy was not careful at all and my rotor pack came back with polishing compound all but seizing the rotors. Not good.

I rebuilt the snout myself, and have not re-installed the snout to the case. Im just waiting on warmer weather to install the M90 and spin it up.

Once the warmer weather hits, I'll post a review. I'll first install with the factory sized pulley, then a 2.8" pulley. Here's a few pics of Logan's handiwork. Definitely some labor went in to this.If you dont think it will come out ask mncbchief he was in my car when the blower locked up with the silencer ports filled just like in the pic above. the material fell into the case and destroyed the whole blower

kenewagner
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
If you dont think it will come out ask mncbchief he was in my car when the blower locked up with the silencer ports filled just like in the pic above. the material fell into the case and destroyed the whole blower

The problem is the blower is inverted so when one of those plugs goes, it goes straight down into the engine. Kind of expensive. Im assuming the guy who installed the plugs will pay for any damage should that happen.:rolleyes: Not trying to bust anyones chops here but installing plugs like that can be an expense you dont want down the road. How well the case is prepped is not the issue. its the heating and cooling cycles that will cause the plugs to loosen,diffrent materials expand and contract at diffrent rates, and the rest as Dave said is that. Like I said I hope you dont have anything happen like that but is it worth the chance.

Ken

XR7 Dave
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
The sanding looks nice, but why do all that and not actually port the blower?

LIVipers
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
pm and email sent!

superdadsc
03-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Is he, are you back in buisness. I sent my blower to get worked on and he sent it back as he had a new job and he was buried with life stuff.

Dono
03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Well guys,
I installed it, and have been using it. So far so good. I am obviously concerned about the silencer ports filling coming out and running thru my motor.

The SC isnt really any louder. Of course, I didn't see any real boost gain either. I am about 10lbs boost with a 2.5" pulley and have detonation issues due to high iat's. I tried water/meth injection, but the heat builds up too fast. I have a problem.

Due to the configuration of the blower, shoe horning an intercooler inbetween the M90 and intake would require cutting up my hood (And hood supports also) and adding a cowl, or doing a body lift. I think Im going to have to go back to a larger pulley.

If I were to get Logan to do another SC for me, Id request not to have the silencer ports filled. If for absolutely no other reason, peace of mind. Hearing from someone that actually had their filling come out concerns me, of course.

Flex
03-25-2013, 12:37 PM
This is obviously in a Mustang ? Correct me if I am wrong. The intercooler mounts next to the rad. You run a supercoupe rad and intercooler bro. Other have when converting an n/a 3.8 to the m90.

Flex
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I see further up you posted it is an Explorer.

Flex
03-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Can you get an aftermarket intercooler in the space behind the bumper. The opening in the bumper with allow for decent air flow to it as well.

Dono
03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Can you get an aftermarket intercooler in the space behind the bumper. The opening in the bumper with allow for decent air flow to it as well.

The problem is, my Supercoupe M90 is technically mounted upside down pushing directly in to my intake. Im going to have to see if I can find a custom air to water intercooler, and custom make my mount.

This whole thing has been a great learning experience for me.

Here's kinda what has gone on. You can see the mount on post 1.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345617

Regul8r
05-03-2013, 01:39 AM

Once the warmer weather hits, I'll post a review. I'll first install with the factory sized pulley, then a 2.8" pulley. Here's a few pics of Logan's handiwork. Definitely some labor went in to this.

Dono, take a read on this thread and contact Logan to get your rotors fixed.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635445996470384&set=o.133369289895&type=1&theater

Dono
05-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks for posting this. Its appreciated.

Logan did track me down over at explorerforums and sent me a pm that he needs the rotor pack back. It was nice to see he went to the effort of pro acting rather than ignoring the issue. Lots of guys would probably have stuck their heads in the sand and hoped no one would contact them. Says a lot for Logan, in my opinion.

I have a spare M90, so I will be pulling this one off to send the rotor pack to him for correction when I do a test fit for my air/water intercooler.

I was nether impressed, or uninpressed with my rotor pack rebuild as I didn't really notice any difference in boost. I'm hoping that having this correction done to the rotors turns me in to 'impressed'.

S_Mazza
05-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Dono, take a read on this thread and contact Logan to get your rotors fixed.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=635445996470384&set=o.133369289895&type=1&theater

I just browsed that quickly this morning. Is that the same person who ran the blower, but had odd boost levels that stayed at about 7 psi until 3,000 rpm or so, and then shot way up?

90tbirdsc
05-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I just browsed that quickly this morning. Is that the same person who ran the blower, but had odd boost levels that stayed at about 7 psi until 3,000 rpm or so, and then shot way up?

Yes, that is/was me. Logan said he is sending me a new rotor pack. He hasn't answered my texts the past couple days so hopefully he stands behind his word.

minichopper6hp
05-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Yes, that is/was me. Logan said he is sending me a new rotor pack. He hasn't answered my texts the past couple days so hopefully he stands behind his word.

Yes i admit this is a screw up on my part, the best i can do at this point is to fix it. Thanks for understanding!

Logan

S_Mazza
05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I can see it happening quite easily.

I'm just glad the cause was found. That was sort of a stumper!

Regul8r
05-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Logan,
I have not dealt with you or your work but stepping up and making things right says alot for you! I applaud you for taking the time to make it all better!
We all learn from this.

S/Mazza, I agree this seems like it could be done quite easily.
NOW that it has been identified it will keep the rest of us on track in the future and be on the look our when we see a blower that has been "rebuilt".

Great people on this site!

minichopper6hp
05-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Finishing up Tom's supercharger right now, looking to get into some more work! Lmk what you need i will get you a quote! Thanks!

Logan

sleeper bird
06-02-2013, 10:55 AM
can the rotors still be coated if the factory coating is peeling off?

samishii
06-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Dare I ask how much the whole 9 yards on a 92 M90 would be? :D

LIVipers
06-16-2013, 07:47 PM
To whoever is looking to have Logan do "service" to their supercharger, i suggest you look elsewhere.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130494

Tom

90tbirdsc
06-25-2013, 11:24 PM
To whoever is looking to have Logan do "service" to their supercharger, i suggest you look elsewhere.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130494

Tom

I have to second that, after over 2 months of checking everything else it has came down to the supercharger is not in good operating condition, the rebuild was botched and even the 2nd rotor pack was out of time and had metal shavings all over/in it and the webbing arounf the gears was all ground down.

the first rotor pack had the rotors on the wrong shafts:mad: