PDA

View Full Version : Super secret SC hiding spot

XxSlowpokexX
05-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Has anyone ever dropped something by your coil pack only for it to fall into the deep abyss called our alternator/powersteering braket....I think if you have youll know exactly what im talking about!:mad:

Ira R.
05-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Fuel pressure gauge connector?? :p

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
05-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Fuel pressure gauge connector?? :p

Ira

Yes and how it fit in there I dont know..You know what spot im talking about???

90blkbrd
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
floor. :p

Even worse hiding spot for me is when something rolls off the IC and it ends up on the radiator support. You'd think I'd learn but I don't. It's such a nice surface put stuff. The only way to get it out is to pull the radiator or drive the car. :(

sinhumane
05-15-2010, 08:20 PM
howabout the intake manifold under the blower, and the fenders? manifold has claimed one 10mm combo wrench, and fenders ate both my 8mm wrenches. :mad:

S_Mazza
05-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Haha. I have had some bad ones. I think the worst have been bolts that fall down, and I hear them hit the subframe with a hollow "clonk", but can never find them. Sometimes, weeks later, I hear a "click" while working on the car. Lo and behold, the missing bolt turns up on the pavement.

I had a good one recently. While trying to take the stud that holds the fuel rail out of the driver's side head, I was holding the small coolant crossover out of the way with a 12" screwdriver. Well, I dropped it behind the engine. "Clunk" "dunk" ... silence. It had somehow fallen just right and slid back and lodged on top of the transmission. I couldn't see it from any angle! Eventually, after removing both heads, I was able to spot and retrieve it from the engine bay. Silly.