A/C Hoses

Pat

I'm getting ready to overhaul my A/C system in my '94 and I'm looking to see if it's possible to get new A/C lines.
I already have the hose that goes from the condenser to the evaporator and I'm trying to see whether anyone knows where to get the other 2.
I'm looking for
  1. Compressor to condenser manifold line
  2. Accumulator to compressor line
So far looking I'm having no luck.

When everything is good to go I'm going to get the system evacuated/flushed.
Replace the compressor, accumulator, clutch cycling switch, liquid line w/ orifice tube, & replace and properly lubricate packings on a/c hoses.
Since I'm going to have the system open I'm debating whether I should replace the condenser and the evaporator(looks like this one will be hell)
When all said and done I'm going to fill with oil and refrigerant. 7oz PAG 46 Oil and I can't seem to remember how much refrigerant.
Any tips or suggestions?

Do you mean the combination suction and discharge line? RockAuto lists them for about $111 - there's a discount code available for 5% off.

As to oil and freon - best suggestion if you're going R134a is to put the high pressure to about 2.25 to 2.5 times ambient temp with the air out of the vents in the 40's. For my wife's XR7, that figures out to about 2 cans.

Note: If you don't have one, Harbor Freight has a sale on currently on a 2.5CFM vacuum pump (69.95) and you can download a 20% off coupon from www.harborfreight.com/fastco ... That makes it $54 plus tax.

Now to see if I can ever get that last bit of the orifice tube out of the evaporator without having to REPLACE the evaporator ... Grrr!!!

RwP

After looking at the '94 Xr7 I see what you were talking about. The difference between the two cars is a little different accumulators, comressors and the suction and discharge hoses are different.
They also share the same condenser, evaperator, and liquid line w/ orifice tube.
Need a good look at the ac hoses, they do look a little different but they might work.

Last edited:
Got the part number from ford
F4SZ-19D734-B
Doesn't look like anyone makes a replacement.

Edit: Motorcraft # YF-2029
Just maybe.

Last edited:
Back