DIS to EDIS???

SCRx7

First off Ive tried searching and couldn't find a clear answer so sorry if I missed it.....

I have a 90sc 5speed swap into a 87 Mazda RX7 but Im getting ready to pull and scrap the SuperCoupe engine swap...

The quick question is can I put a EDIS setup off a N/A mustang on my motor and ECU?

I know custom wiring is needed but thats no big deal.

I ask this because I already have a EDIS6, VR sensor and the 36-1 wheel the only thing I need is a Balancer that will actually work out because my SC balancer is shot and a believe the Crank Sensor is bad too.

Thanks!!

94/95 motors use EDIS. You may need to pick up one of those processors to work with it. I don't believe a DIS processor can control an EDIS module. though I don't know if it is a hardware issue, or just a "software/firmware" issue.

You will need a 95/95 timing chain cover, so you can use the proper crank sensor.
The 94/95 NA Mustang ECC uses an EDIS module and is OBD2, in 96 the EDIS module became part of the ECC. Keep in mind if you get a 96 or newer ECC it will have PATS.

Last edited:
The SAW signal is different. I have no idea if there are parameters in the ECU to specify which generation of ignition you are running, or whether they have the PWM driver to output the signal.

You might want to look into Megasquirt. I know a lot of people who use it in the RX-7 community for their Rotarys.

I was actually planing on running MS in this but the DIS makes it a pain in the ~~~ to do..hoping to get rid of the expensive DIS for the EDIS setup..

I guess ill put a crank sensor in it and hope it fixes my crapy running issues.

I was actually planing on running MS in this but the DIS makes it a pain in the ~~~ to do..hoping to get rid of the expensive DIS for the EDIS setup..

I guess ill put a crank sensor in it and hope it fixes my crapy running issues.

Great, You're on the right track then. EDIS turns MS into cake. I'm running it on a forged 4.6 with a Vortec blower, and a 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse with a HX35 turbo (Don't ask lol).

94-95 front cover, 36-1 wheel, crank sensor, balancer, and a little wiring.

Back