PDA

View Full Version : 1st detail on the new GT

mcate
05-18-2010, 08:16 AM
I bought the car last July, & the dealership had put a treatment called "Diamond Gloss" on it from a local undercoating place called Ziebart. Anyway, the treatment came with a 1 year warranty, & I was surprisingly impressed with the finish, so I didn't remove it. After looking at it last weekend & seeing some swirls & other marring, it was time for a detail. I clayed it, polished with Pro Polish, gave it a coat of Black Hole glaze, & then EX sealant. Started layering on Natty's Blue with 2 coats so far. Gonna start with Natty's Red this evening. The light wasn't the best, but I love playing with my new f1.8 50mm Nikon lens!

jhosler
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Nice job! I need to that to my '07. The only time it's been really detailed was when I picked it up at the dealership in June of '07, lol

frdlvr30
05-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Never seen anyone use a garage door opener for a hood scoop? It is slightly off center to the driverside Mike...Take that new lense and show us a picture of them both backed in the garage....

mcate
05-18-2010, 06:35 PM
That would make a pretty funky hood scoop! The lens works great for low light conditions like a garage, but the fixed focal length is a bit of a pain. I like my 28-70 zoom, but it's only f4.5.